Sushi or Fish Fingers? Seafood Diversity, Collapsing Fish Stocks, and Multispecies Fishery Management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Quaas, Martin F. & Requate, Till, 2012. "Sushi or fish fingers? Seafood diversity, collapsing fish stocks, and multi-species fishery management," Economics Working Papers 2012-03, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Opsomer Jean-Didier & Conrad Jon M., 1994. "An Open-Access Analysis of the Northern Anchovy Fishery," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Anders Skonhoft & Niels Vestergaard & Martin Quaas, 2012. "Optimal Harvest in an Age Structured Model with Different Fishing Selectivity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(4), pages 525-544, April.
- repec:cup:jagaec:v:33:y:2001:i:03:p:403-411_02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
- Chiang, Fu-Sung & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Brown, Mark G., 2001. "The Impact Of Inventory On Tuna Price: An Application Of Scaling In The Rotterdam Inverse Demand System," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1-9, December.
- Naevdal, Eric & Olaussen, Jon Olaf & Skonhoft, Anders, 2012. "A bioeconomic model of trophy hunting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 194-205.
- Kasulo, Victor & Perrings, Charles, 2006. "Fishing down the value chain: Biodiversity and access regimes in freshwater fisheries -- the case of Malawi," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 106-114, August.
- Conrad, Jon M. & Adu-Asamoah, Richard, 1986. "Single and multispecies systems: The the Eastern Tropical Atlantic," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 50-68, March.
- Tahvonen, Olli, 2009. "Economics of harvesting age-structured fish populations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 281-299, November.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1975. "Monopolistic Competition And Optimum Product Diversity," Economic Research Papers 268957, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dale Squires & Niels Vestergaard, 2013. "Technical Change and The Commons," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1769-1787, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:70:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-017-0125-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Querou & Agnès Tomini, 2014. "Ecosystem considerations in a second-best world," Post-Print hal-01123390, HAL.
- repec:mse:cesdoc:13002r is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:dyngam:v:8:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13235-016-0205-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quaas, Martin F. & Stöven, Max T., 2014. "New trade in renewable resources and consumer preferences for diversity," Economics Working Papers 2014-08, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Richter, Andries & Dakos, Vasilis, 2015. "Profit fluctuations signal eroding resilience of natural resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 12-21.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:67:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-015-9988-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- CISSE Abdoul & SANZ Nicolas & BLANCHARD Fabien & DOYEN Luc & PEREAU Jean-Christophe, 2015. "The tragedy of ecosystems in open-access," Cahiers du GREThA 2015-02, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée(GREThA).
- Cissé, A.A. & Doyen, L. & Blanchard, F. & Béné, C. & Péreau, J.-C., 2015. "Ecoviability for small-scale fisheries in the context of food security constraints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 39-52.
- Esther Regnier & Katheline Schubert, 2013. "Consumer preferences, aquaculture technology and the sustainability of fisheries," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 13002, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Gars, Johan & Spiro, Daniel, 2014. "Uninsurance through Trade," Memorandum 13/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- repec:kap:jbioec:v:19:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10818-017-9252-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:156:y:2019:i:c:p:185-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Esther Regnier & Katheline Schubert, 2013. "Is aquaculture really an option?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00786112, HAL.
- N. Quérou & A. Tomini, 2018.
"Marine Ecosystem Considerations and Second-Best Management,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 70(2), pages 381-401, June.
- Nicolas Quérou & Agnès Tomini, 2015. "Marine ecosystem considerations and second-best management," Working Papers 15-05, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Mar 2015.
- Nicolas Querou & Agnes Tomini, 2018. "Marine ecosystem considerations and second-best management," Post-Print hal-01601352, HAL.
- Da Rocha, José María & García-Cutrín, Javier & Gutiérrez Huerta, María José & Touza, Julia, 2015. "Reconciling yield stability with international fisheries agencies precautionary preferences: the role of non constant discount factors in age structured models," DFAEII Working Papers DFAEII;2015-02, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Da-Rocha, Jose-Maria & García-Cutrin, Javier & Gutierrez, Maria Jose & Touze, Julia, 2016. "A note on CES Preferences in Age-Structured Models," MPRA Paper 75298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:scandj:v:115:y:2013:i:2:p:381-422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.