Price Discrimination in Two-Sided Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth S. Corts, 1998. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Oligopoly: All-Out Competition and Strategic Commitment," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 306-323, Summer.
- Konstantinos Serfes & Hyunho Kim, 2004. "A Location Model with Preference for Variety," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 127, Econometric Society.
- Yongmin Chen, 1997. "Paying Customers to Switch," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 877-897, December.
- David Sibley & Ken Heyer, 2003. "Selected Economic Analysis at the Antitrust Division: The Year in Review," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(2), pages 95-119, September.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 2000.
"Customer Poaching and Brand Switching,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 634-657.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1999. "Customer Poaching and Brand Switching," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1871, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1996. "Coupons and oligopolistic price discrimination," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-242.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2005.
"Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 947-972.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2003. "Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis," Virginia Economics Online Papers 358, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:645-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- McAfee, R Preston & Schwartz, Marius, 1994. "Opportunism in Multilateral Vertical Contracting: Nondiscrimination, Exclusivity, and Uniformity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-230, March.
- Ilya Segal & Michael D. Whinston, 2003. "Robust Predictions for Bilateral Contracting with Externalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(3), pages 757-791, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Bourreau & Frago Kourandi & Tommaso Valletti, 2015.
"Net Neutrality with Competing Internet Platforms,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 30-73, March.
- Bourreau, Marc & Kourandi, Frago & Valletti, Tommaso, 2014. "Net Neutrality with Competing Internet Platforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 9827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc Bourreau & Frago Kourandi & Tommaso Valletti, 2014. "Net Neutrality with Competing Internet Platforms," CEIS Research Paper 307, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Feb 2014.
- Shekhar, Shiva, 2017. "Homing choice and platform pricing strategy," DICE Discussion Papers 247, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Charles Angelucci & Julia Cage, 2015. "Newspapers in Times of Low Advertising Revenues," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/26t617gatp8, Sciences Po.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Lars SÃ¸rgard, 2013. "Market Segmentation in Two-Sided Markets: TV Rights for Premier League," CESifo Working Paper Series 4060, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lapo Filistrucchi & Tobias J. Klein, 2013. "Price Competition in Two-Sided Markets with Heterogeneous Consumers and Network Effects," Working Papers 13-20, NET Institute.
- Elias Carroni, 2015. "Behaviour Based Price Discrimination with Cross-Group Externalities," Working Papers 1502, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Charles Angelucci & Julia Cage & Romain de Nijs, 2013. "Price Discrimination in a Two-Sided Market: Theory and Evidence from the Newspaper Industry," Working Papers 13-13, NET Institute.
- Gil, Ricard & Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Ruzzier, Christian, 2016. "As Seen on TV: Price Discrimination and Competition in Television Advertising," MPRA Paper 75993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Böhme Enrico, 2016.
"Second-Degree Price Discrimination on Two-Sided Markets,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, pages 91-115.
- Böhme, Enrico, 2012. "Second-Degree Price Discrimination on Two-Sided Markets," MPRA Paper 40951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Böhme, Enrico, 2014. "Second-Degree Price Discrimination on Two-Sided Markets," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100507, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Liu, Qihong & Shuai, Jie, 2013. "Multi-dimensional price discrimination," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 417-428.
- Reisinger, Markus, 2010. "Unique Equilibrium in Two-Part Tariff Competition between Two-Sided Platforms," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 308, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Jooyong Jun, 2015. "Entry of Non-financial Firms and Competition in the Retail Payments Market," Working Papers 2015-19, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Reisinger, Markus, 2014. "Two-part tariff competition between two-sided platforms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 168-180.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice discrimination; Two-sided markets; Indirect network externalities; Market segmentation.;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-10-27 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2007-10-27 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2007-10-27 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-10-27 (Marketing)
- NEP-NET-2007-10-27 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:0725. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .