Price Discrimination in Two-Sided Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth S. Corts, 1998. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Oligopoly: All-Out Competition and Strategic Commitment," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 306-323, Summer.
- Konstantinos Serfes & Hyunho Kim, 2004. "A Location Model with Preference for Variety," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 127, Econometric Society.
- Yongmin Chen, 1997. "Paying Customers to Switch," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 877-897, December.
- David Sibley & Ken Heyer, 2003. "Selected Economic Analysis at the Antitrust Division: The Year in Review," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(2), pages 95-119, September.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 2000.
"Customer Poaching and Brand Switching,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 634-657, Winter.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1999. "Customer Poaching and Brand Switching," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1871, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1996. "Coupons and oligopolistic price discrimination," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-242.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2005.
"Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 947-972.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2003. "Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis," Virginia Economics Online Papers 358, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:645-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- McAfee, R Preston & Schwartz, Marius, 1994. "Opportunism in Multilateral Vertical Contracting: Nondiscrimination, Exclusivity, and Uniformity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-230, March.
- Ilya Segal & Michael D. Whinston, 2003. "Robust Predictions for Bilateral Contracting with Externalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(3), pages 757-791, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shekhar, Shiva, 2017. "Homing choice and platform pricing strategy," DICE Discussion Papers 247, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Marc Bourreau & Frago Kourandi & Tommaso Valletti, 2015.
"Net Neutrality with Competing Internet Platforms,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 30-73, March.
- Marc Bourreau & Frago Kourandi & Tommaso Valletti, 2014. "Net Neutrality with Competing Internet Platforms," CEIS Research Paper 307, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Feb 2014.
- Bourreau, Marc & Kourandi, Frago & Valletti, Tommaso, 2014. "Net Neutrality with Competing Internet Platforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 9827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lapo Filistrucchi & Tobias J. Klein, 2013. "Price Competition in Two-Sided Markets with Heterogeneous Consumers and Network Effects," Working Papers 13-20, NET Institute.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:125:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0591-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:1:p:136-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jooyong Jun, 2015. "Entry of Non-financial Firms and Competition in the Retail Payments Market," Working Papers 2015-19, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Reisinger, Markus, 2014. "Two-part tariff competition between two-sided platforms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 168-180.
- Charles Angelucci & Julia Cage, 2015. "Newspapers in Times of Low Advertising Revenues," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/26t617gatp8, Sciences Po.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Lars Sørgard, 2013. "Market Segmentation in Two-Sided Markets: TV Rights for Premier League," CESifo Working Paper Series 4060, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elias Carroni, 2018.
"Behaviour-based price discrimination with cross-group externalities,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 137-157, October.
- Elias Carroni, 2015. "Behaviour Based Price Discrimination with Cross-Group Externalities," Working Papers 1502, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Charles Angelucci & Julia Cage & Romain de Nijs, 2013. "Price Discrimination in a Two-Sided Market: Theory and Evidence from the Newspaper Industry," Working Papers 13-13, NET Institute.
- Gil, Ricard & Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Ruzzier, Christian, 2016. "As Seen on TV: Price Discrimination and Competition in Television Advertising," MPRA Paper 75993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Böhme Enrico, 2016.
"Second-Degree Price Discrimination on Two-Sided Markets,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 15(2), pages 91-115, June.
- Böhme, Enrico, 2012. "Second-Degree Price Discrimination on Two-Sided Markets," MPRA Paper 40951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Böhme, Enrico, 2014. "Second-Degree Price Discrimination on Two-Sided Markets," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100507, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Andre Boik, 2018. "Prediction and Identification in Two-Sided Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 6857, CESifo Group Munich.
- Liu, Qihong & Shuai, Jie, 2013. "Multi-dimensional price discrimination," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 417-428.
- Reisinger, Markus, 2010. "Unique Equilibrium in Two-Part Tariff Competition between Two-Sided Platforms," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 308, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice discrimination; Two-sided markets; Indirect network externalities; Market segmentation.;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-10-27 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2007-10-27 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2007-10-27 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-10-27 (Marketing)
- NEP-NET-2007-10-27 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:0725. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.