The Limits to Wage Growth: Measuring the Growth Rate of Wages For Recent Welfare Leavers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahn, Hyungtaik & Powell, James L., 1993. "Semiparametric estimation of censored selection models with a nonparametric selection mechanism," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 3-29, July.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Robb, Richard Jr., 1985. "Alternative methods for evaluating the impact of interventions : An overview," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 239-267.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1997. "Short-Term Employment Persistence for Welfare Recipients: The "Effects" of Wages, Industry, Occupation and Firm," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 97-46, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bitler, Marianne P. & Gelbach, Jonah B. & Hoynes, Hilary W., 2008.
"Distributional impacts of the Self-Sufficiency Project,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 748-765, April.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2005. "Distributional Impacts of the Self-Sufficiency Project," NBER Working Papers 11626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hilary W. Hoynes & Marianne P Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach, 2005. "Distributional Impacts of the Self-Sufficiency Project," Working Papers 530, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Zabel, Jeffrey & Schwartz, Saul & Donald, Stephen, 2006. "An Econometric Analysis of the Impact of the Self-Sufficiency Project on the Employment Behaviour of Former Welfare Recipients," IZA Discussion Papers 2122, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- V. Joseph Hotz & Charles H. Mullin & John Karl Scholz, 2002. "Welfare, Employment, and Income: Evidence on the Effects of Benefit Reductions from California," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 380-384, May.
- Immervoll, Herwig, 2009.
"Minimum-Income Benefits in OECD Countries: Policy Design, Effectiveness and Challenges,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4627, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Herwig Immervoll, 2010. "Minimum-Income Benefits in OECD Countries: Policy Design, Effectiveness and Challenges," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 100, OECD Publishing.
- Helen Connolly & Peter Gottschalk, 2001. "Do Earnings Subsidies Affect Job Choice? The Impact of SSP Subsidies on Wage Growth," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 498, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 26 Aug 2006.
- Reamonn Lydon & Ian Walker, 2005. "Welfare to work, wages and wage growth," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(3), pages 335-370, September.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 2002. "Evaluating Welfare Reform in the United States," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1105-1166, December.
- Jeffrey Zabel & Saul Schwartz & Stephen Donald, 2013. "An analysis of the impact of the self-sufficiency project on wages," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 231-259, February.
- Glaser, Darrell & Rahman, Ahmed, 2015. "Human Capital on the High Seas - Job Mobility and Returns to Technical Skill During Industrialization," MPRA Paper 68351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Darrell J. Glaser & Ahmed S. Rahman, 2017. "Development and Retention of Human Capital in Large Bureaucracies," Departmental Working Papers 60, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey Grogger & Lynn A. Karoly, 2005. "Welfare Reform, Work and Wages: A Summary of the US Experience," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 3(2), pages 08-12, 07.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:3:y:2005:i:2:p:14567644 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Grogger, 2009.
"Welfare Reform, Returns to Experience, and Wages: Using Reservation Wages to Account for Sample Selection Bias,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 490-502, August.
- Jeffrey Grogger, 2005. "Welfare Reform, Returns to Experience, and Wages: Using Reservation Wages to Account for Sample Selection Bias," NBER Working Papers 11621, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2001-08-30 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2001-08-30 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PKE-2001-08-30 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .