Capital Movements, Asset Values, and Banking Policy in Globalized Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edward J. Kane, 1998. "Capital movements, asset values, and banking policy in globalized markets," Proceedings 606, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dooley, Michael P, 2000.
"A Model of Crises in Emerging Markets,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 256-272, January.
- Michael P. Dooley, 1997. "A Model of Crises in Emerging Markets," NBER Working Papers 6300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael P. Dooley, 1998. "A model of crises in emerging markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 630, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "How does foreign entry affect the domestic banking market?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1918, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edward J. Kane, 2008. "Regulation and Supervision: An Ethical Perspective," NBER Working Papers 13895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Concetta Chiuri, Maria & Ferri, Giovanni & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2002.
"The macroeconomic impact of bank capital requirements in emerging economies: Past evidence to assess the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 881-904, May.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Giovanni Ferri & Giovanni Majnoni, 2000. "The Macroeconomic Impact Of Bank Capital Requirements In Emerging Economies: Past Evidence To Assess The Future," SERIES 0002, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Sep 2000.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Ferri, Giovanni & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "The macroeconomic impact of bank capital requirements in emerging economies - past evidence to assess the future," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2605, The World Bank.
- Kane, Edward J., 2000.
"Capital movements, banking insolvency, and silent runs in the Asian financial crisis,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 153-175, May.
- Edward J. Kane, 2000. "Capital Movements, Banking Insolvency, and Silent Runs in the Asian Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 7514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nils H. Hakansson, 1999. "The Role of a Corporate Bond Market in an Economy - and in Avoiding Crises," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-287, University of California at Berkeley.
- Hakansson, Nils H., 1999. "The Role of a Corporate Bond Market in an Economy -- and in Avoiding Crises," Research Program in Finance, Working Paper Series qt6sq4c6g0, Research Program in Finance, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- repec:wsi:ijitdm:v:04:y:2005:i:03:n:s0219622005001684 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2003. "How to Restructure Failed Banking Systems: Lessons from the U.S. in the 1930's and Japan in the 1990's," NBER Working Papers 9624, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Edward J., 2000. "The dialectical role of information and disinformation in regulation-induced banking crises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 285-308, July.
- Eduardo Levy & Federico Sturzenegger, 2000. "Is EMU a Blueprint for Mercosur?," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 37(110), pages 63-99.
More about this item
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IFN-1998-08-21 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.