Understanding the Improvement in Disability Free Life Expectancy In the U.S. Elderly Population
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Chernew & David M. Cutler & Kaushik Ghosh & Mary Beth Landrum, 2016. "Understanding the Improvement in Disability-Free Life Expectancy in the U.S. Elderly Population," NBER Chapters,in: Insights in the Economics of Aging, pages 161-201 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vicki Freedman & Brenda Spillman & Patti Andreski & Jennifer Cornman & Eileen Crimmins & Ellen Kramarow & James Lubitz & Linda Martin & Sharon Merkin & Robert Schoeni & Teresa Seeman & Timothy Waidman, 2013. "Trends in Late-Life Activity Limitations in the United States: An Update From Five National Surveys," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(2), pages 661-671, April.
- David M. Cutler, 2008. "Are We Finally Winning the War on Cancer?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(4), pages 3-26, Fall.
- Vicki Freedman & Robert Schoeni & Linda Martin & Jennifer Cornman, 2007. "Chronic conditions and the decline in late-life disability," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(3), pages 459-477, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.048744_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vicki Freedman & Eileen Crimmins & Robert Schoeni & Brenda Spillman & Hakan Aykan & Ellen Kramarow & Kenneth Land & James Lubitz & Kenneth Manton & Linda Martin & Diane Shinberg & Timothy Waidmann, 2004. "Resolving inconsistencies in trends in old-age disability: Report from a technical working group," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(3), pages 417-441, August.
- Eileen Crimmins & Mark Hayward & Aaron Hagedorn & Yasuhiko Saito & Nicolas Brouard, 2009. "Change in disability-free life expectancy for Americans 70 years old and older," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(3), pages 627-646, August.
- David M. Cutler, 2005. "Intensive Medical Technology and the Reduction in Disability," NBER Chapters,in: Analyses in the Economics of Aging, pages 161-184 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda Martin & Robert Schoeni & Patricia Andreski, 2010. "Trends in health of older adults in the United States: Past, present, future," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(1), pages 17-40, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:10:1457-1462_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosen, Allison B. & Stewart, Susan T. & Cutler, David M., 2009. "Forecasting the Effects of Obesity and Smoking on U.S. Life Expectancy," Scholarly Articles 5344184, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Crimmins, Eileen M. & Saito, Yasuhiko, 2001. "Trends in healthy life expectancy in the United States, 1970-1990: gender, racial, and educational differences," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(11), pages 1629-1641, June.
- Liming Cai & James Lubitz, 2007. "Was there compression of disability for older Americans from 1992 to 2003?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(3), pages 479-495, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:nbr:nberch:14040 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:86:y:2017:i:c:p:93-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Courtney Coile & Kevin S. Milligan & David A. Wise, 2018. "Social Security Programs and Retirement Around the World: Working Longer – Introduction and Summary," NBER Working Papers 24584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hulten, Charles R. & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2017.
"Accounting for Growth in the Age of the Internet The Importance of Output-Saving Technical Change,"
17-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Charles Hulten & Leonard Nakamura, 2017. "Accounting for Growth in the Age of the Internet: The Importance of Output-Saving Technical Change," NBER Working Papers 23315, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2016-06-18 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2016-06-18 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:22306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .