Understanding the Improvement in Disability-Free Life Expectancy in the U.S. Elderly Population
In: Insights in the Economics of Aging
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Chernew & David M. Cutler & Kaushik Ghosh & Mary Beth Landrum, 2016. "Understanding the Improvement in Disability Free Life Expectancy In the U.S. Elderly Population," NBER Working Papers 22306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vicki Freedman & Brenda Spillman & Patti Andreski & Jennifer Cornman & Eileen Crimmins & Ellen Kramarow & James Lubitz & Linda Martin & Sharon Merkin & Robert Schoeni & Teresa Seeman & Timothy Waidman, 2013. "Trends in Late-Life Activity Limitations in the United States: An Update From Five National Surveys," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(2), pages 661-671, April.
- David M. Cutler, 2008. "Are We Finally Winning the War on Cancer?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(4), pages 3-26, Fall.
- Vicki Freedman & Robert Schoeni & Linda Martin & Jennifer Cornman, 2007. "Chronic conditions and the decline in late-life disability," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(3), pages 459-477, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.048744_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vicki Freedman & Eileen Crimmins & Robert Schoeni & Brenda Spillman & Hakan Aykan & Ellen Kramarow & Kenneth Land & James Lubitz & Kenneth Manton & Linda Martin & Diane Shinberg & Timothy Waidmann, 2004. "Resolving inconsistencies in trends in old-age disability: Report from a technical working group," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(3), pages 417-441, August.
- Eileen Crimmins & Mark Hayward & Aaron Hagedorn & Yasuhiko Saito & Nicolas Brouard, 2009. "Change in disability-free life expectancy for Americans 70 years old and older," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(3), pages 627-646, August.
- David M. Cutler, 2005. "Intensive Medical Technology and the Reduction in Disability," NBER Chapters,in: Analyses in the Economics of Aging, pages 161-184 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda Martin & Robert Schoeni & Patricia Andreski, 2010. "Trends in health of older adults in the United States: Past, present, future," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(1), pages 17-40, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:10:1457-1462_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosen, Allison B. & Stewart, Susan T. & Cutler, David M., 2009. "Forecasting the Effects of Obesity and Smoking on U.S. Life Expectancy," Scholarly Articles 5344184, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Crimmins, Eileen M. & Saito, Yasuhiko, 2001. "Trends in healthy life expectancy in the United States, 1970-1990: gender, racial, and educational differences," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(11), pages 1629-1641, June.
- Liming Cai & James Lubitz, 2007. "Was there compression of disability for older Americans from 1992 to 2003?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(3), pages 479-495, August.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Erik Tollefson’s journal round-up for 13th June 2016
by Erik Tollefson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2016-06-13 16:00:03
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:nbr:nberch:14040 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hulten, Charles R. & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2017.
"Accounting for Growth in the Age of the Internet The Importance of Output-Saving Technical Change,"
17-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Charles Hulten & Leonard Nakamura, 2017. "Accounting for Growth in the Age of the Internet: The Importance of Output-Saving Technical Change," NBER Working Papers 23315, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:86:y:2017:i:c:p:93-120 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:13631. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.