The Fisher Hypothesis and the Forecastability and Persistence of Inflation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barsky, Robert B., 1987. "The Fisher hypothesis and the forecastability and persistence of inflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-24, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1973.
"Interest Rates and Prices in the Long Run: A Study of the Gibson Paradox,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 385-449, Part II F.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1971. "Interest rates and prices in the long run: a study of the Gibson paradox," Working Papers 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 1971.
- Hugh Rockoff, 1984. "Some Evidence on the Real Price of Gold, Its Costs of Production, and Commodity Prices," NBER Chapters, in: A Retrospective on the Classical Gold Standard, 1821-1931, pages 613-650, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1976. "From Gibson to Fisher," NBER Chapters, in: Explorations in Economic Research, Volume 3, number 2, pages 130-133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F, 1974. "Band Spectrum Regression," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(1), pages 1-11, February.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1986.
"The Changing Behavior of the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 211-228.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1985. "The Changing Behavior of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 1669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barthold, Thomas A & Dougan, William R, 1986. "The Fisher Hypothesis under Different Monetary Regimes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 674-679, November.
- Barsky, Robert B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1988. "Gibson's Paradox and the Gold Standard," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 528-550, June.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1984.
"On low-frequency estimates of long-run relationships in macroeconomics,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-14, July.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1983. "On Low-Frequency Estimates of "Long-Run" Relationships in Macro- economics," NBER Working Papers 1162, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert J & Siegel, Jeremy J, 1977. "The Gibson Paradox and Historical Movements in Real Interest Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 891-907, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1927. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.