Some Evidence on the Real Price of Gold, Its Costs of Production, and Commodity Prices
In: A Retrospective on the Classical Gold Standard, 1821-1931
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Econ 210a: Readings and Topics
by J. Bradford DeLong in Grasping Reality with the Invisible Hand on 2012-01-16 03:30:11
- Econ 210a: Readings and Topics
by Brad DeLong in FavStocks on 2012-01-16 14:20:12
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bordo, Michael D., 1986.
"Explorations in monetary history: A survey of the literature,"
Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 339-415, October.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1986. "Explorations in Monetary History: A Survey of the Literature," NBER Working Papers 1821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barsky, Robert B., 1987.
"The Fisher hypothesis and the forecastability and persistence of inflation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-24, January.
- Robert B. Barsky, 1986. "The Fisher Hypothesis and the Forecastability and Persistence of Inflation," NBER Working Papers 1927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lothian, James R., 2016. "Purchasing power parity and the behavior of prices and nominal exchange rates across exchange-rate regimes," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 5-21.
- O'Connor, Fergal A. & Lucey, Brian M. & Batten, Jonathan A. & Baur, Dirk G., 2015. "The financial economics of gold — A survey," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 186-205.
- Corbet, Shaen & Dowling, Michael & Gao, Xiangyun & Huang, Shupei & Lucey, Brian & Vigne, Samuel A., 2019.
"An analysis of the intellectual structure of research on the financial economics of precious metals,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-1.
- Shaen Corbet & Michael Dowling & Xiangyun Gao & Shupei Huang & Brian Lucey & Samuel Vigne, 2019. "An analysis of the intellectual structure of research on the financial economics of precious metals," Post-Print hal-02194576, HAL.
- Michael D. Bordo & Finn E. Kydland, 1990. "The Gold Standard as a Rule," NBER Working Papers 3367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2010. "Did France Cause the Great Depression?," NBER Working Papers 16350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Barry Eichengreen, 1998. "The Rise and Fall of a Barbarous Relic: The Role of Gold in the International Monetary SYstem," NBER Working Papers 6436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Capie, Forrest & Mills, Terence C. & Wood, Geoffrey, 2005. "Gold as a hedge against the dollar," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 343-352, October.
- Fernholz, Ricardo T. & Mitchener, Kris James & Weidenmier, Marc, 2017.
"Pulling up the tarnished anchor: The end of silver as a global unit of account,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 209-228.
- Ricardo T. Fernholz & Kris James Mitchener & Marc Weidenmier, 2017. "Pulling up the Tarnished Anchor: The End of Silver as a Global Unit of Account," CESifo Working Paper Series 6436, CESifo.
- Fernholz, Ricardo & Mitchener, Kris James & Weidenmier, Marc, 2017. "Pulling up the Tarnished Anchor: The End of Silver as a Global Unit of Account," CEPR Discussion Papers 11952, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:11139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.