Barriers to Health and the Poverty Trap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oecd, 2002. "Aid volume, channels and allocations for poverty reduction," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 33-46.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Chakraborty, Shankha, 2004.
"Endogenous lifetime and economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 119-137, May.
- Shankha Chakraborty, 2002. "Endogenous Lifetime and Economic Growth," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2002-03, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 26 Jan 2002.
- Chong-En Bai & Chang-Tai Hsieh & Yingyi Qian, 2006. "The Return to Capital in China," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 37(2), pages 61-102.
- International Monetary Fund, 1997. "Nigeria; Experience with Structural Adjustment," IMF Occasional Papers 148, International Monetary Fund.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Costas Azariadis & Allan Drazen, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-526.
- Seema Jayachandran & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2009.
"Life Expectancy and Human Capital Investments: Evidence from Maternal Mortality Declines,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 349-397.
- Seema Jayachandran & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2008. "Life Expectancy and Human Capital Investments: Evidence From Maternal Mortality Declines," NBER Working Papers 13947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David N. Weil & Oded Galor, 2000.
"Population, Technology, and Growth: From Malthusian Stagnation to the Demographic Transition and Beyond,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 806-828, September.
- Oded Galor & David N. Weil, 1999. "Population, Technology, and Growth: From Malthusian Stagnation to the Demographic Transition and Beyond," Working Papers 99-35, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Chuma, Hiroyuki, 1990. "A Model of the Demand for Longevity and the Value of Life Extension," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 761-782, August.
- Collier, Paul & Dollar, David, 2002. "Aid allocation and poverty reduction," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1475-1500, September.
- John W. Kendrick, 1976. "The Formation and Stocks of Total Capital," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kend76-1, April.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2013-08-05 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-HEA-2013-08-05 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .