How Teacher Turnover Harms Student Achievement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric A. Hanushek & EJohn F. Kain & Steven G. Rivkin, 2004. "Why Public Schools Lose Teachers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2010.
"Constrained Job Matching: Does Teacher Job Search Harm Disadvantaged Urban Schools?,"
NBER Working Papers
15816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Hanushek & Steven Rivkin, 2010. "Constrained Job Matching: Does Teacher Job Search Harm Disadvantaged Urban Schools?," Discussion Papers 09-011, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D. Mark Anderson & Mary Beth Walker, 2015. "Does Shortening the School Week Impact Student Performance? Evidence from the Four-Day School Week," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 10(3), pages 314-349, July.
- Cory Koedel & Jiaxi Li, 2016.
"The Efficiency Implications Of Using Proportional Evaluations To Shape The Teaching Workforce,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 47-62, January.
- Cory Koedel & Jiaxi Li, 2014. "The Efficiency Implications of Using Proportional Evaluations to Shape the Teaching Workforce," Working Papers 1402, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 Mar 2015.
- Cory Koedel & Michael Podgursky & Shishan Shi, 2013.
"Teacher Pension Systems, the Composition of the Teaching Workforce, and Teacher Quality,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(3), pages 574-596, June.
- Cory Koedel & Michael Podgursky, 2011. "Teacher Pension Systems, the Composition of the Teaching Workforce, and Teacher Quality," Working Papers 1109, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 10 Apr 2012.
- Boyd, Donald & Grossman, Pamela & Ing, Marsha & Lankford, Hamilton & Loeb, Susanna & O’Brien, Rachel & Wyckoff, James, 2011. "The effectiveness and retention of teachers with prior career experience," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1229-1241.
- Raj Chetty & John N. Friedman & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2011. "The Long-Term Impacts of Teachers: Teacher Value-Added and Student Outcomes in Adulthood," NBER Working Papers 17699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John P. Papay & Martin R. West & Jon B. Fullerton & Thomas J. Kane, 2011. "Does Practice-Based Teacher Preparation Increase Student Achievement? Early Evidence from the Boston Teacher Residency," NBER Working Papers 17646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-07-13 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-07-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-07-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .