Does Deductibility Influence Local Taxation?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hettich, Walter & Winer, Stanley, 1984. "A positive model of tax structure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 67-87, June.
- Grieson, Ronald E., 1974. "The economics of property taxes and land values: The elasticity of supply of structures," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 367-381, October.
- John M. L. Gruenstein, 1980. "Jobs in the city: can Philadelphia afford to raise taxes?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 3-11.
- Haurin, Donald R., 1981. "Local income taxation in an urban area," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 323-337, November.
- Roger H. Gordon & Joel B. Slemrod, 1986.
"An Empirical Examination of Municipal Financial Policy,"
NBER Chapters,in: Studies in State and Local Public Finance, pages 53-82
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roger H. Gordon & Joel Slemrod, 1985. "An Empirical Examination of Municipal Financial Policy," NBER Working Papers 1599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buchanan, James M & Lee, Dwight R, 1982. "Tax Rates and Tax Revenues in Political Equilibrium: Some Simple Analytics," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(3), pages 344-354, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Metcalf, Gilbert E, 1987.
"The Effect of Federal Tax Deductibility on State and Local Taxes and Spending,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 710-736, August.
- Martin Feldstein & Gilbert Metcalf, 1986. "The Effect of Federal Tax Deductibility on State and Local Taxes and Spending," NBER Working Papers 1791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Metcalf, Gilbert & Feldstein, Martin, 1987. "The Effect of Federal Tax Deductibility on State and Local Taxes and Spending," Scholarly Articles 2766699, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bahl, Roy W. & Sjoquist, David L., 1990. "The State and Local Fiscal Outlook: What Have We Learned and Where Are We Headed?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(3), pages 321-42, September.
- Dick Netzer, 1985. "The effect of tax simplification on state and local governments," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 29, pages 222-258.
- Daniel R. Feenberg & Harvey S. Rosen, 1985. "The Deductibility of State and Local Taxes: Impact Effects by State and Income Class," NBER Working Papers 1768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Loeb, Susanna & Socias, Miguel, 2004. "Federal contributions to high-income school districts: the use of tax deductions for funding K-12 education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 85-94, February.
- Robert P. Inman, 1989. "The Local Decision to Tax: Evidence from Large U.S. Cities," NBER Working Papers 2921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Harvey S . Rosen, 1988. "Tax Deductibility and Municipal Budget Structure," NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Federalism: Quantitative Studies, pages 107-136 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Rosen, Harvey, 1990.
"Federal deductibility and local property tax rates,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 269-284, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Harvey S. Rosen, 1987. "Federal Deductibility and Local Property Tax Rates," NBER Working Papers 2427, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Dell’Anno & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2013. "A Behavioral Local Public Finance Perspective on the Renter’s Illusion Hypothesis," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1303, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.