Is the Endowment Effect a Reference Effect?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dirk Engelmann & Guillaume Hollard, 2010.
"Reconsidering the Effect of Market Experience on the “Endowment Effect”,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(6), pages 2005-2019, November.
- Dirk Engelmann & Guillaume Hollard, 2010. "Reconsidering the Effect of Market Experience on the "Endowment Effect"," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00633557, HAL.
- John A. List, 2004.
"Neoclassical Theory Versus Prospect Theory: Evidence from the Marketplace,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 615-625, March.
- John A. List, 2003. "Neoclassical Theory Versus Prospect Theory: Evidence from the Marketplace," NBER Working Papers 9736, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John List, 2004. "Neoclassical theory versus prospect theory: Evidence from the marketplace," Framed Field Experiments 00174, The Field Experiments Website.
- Knetsch, Jack L. & Wong, Wei-Kang, 2009. "The endowment effect and the reference state: Evidence and manipulations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 407-413, August.
- Keith M. Marzilli Ericson & Andreas Fuster, 2011. "Expectations as Endowments: Evidence on Reference-Dependent Preferences from Exchange and Valuation Experiments," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 126(4), pages 1879-1907.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pagel, Michaela, 2012. "Expectations-Based Reference-Dependent Preferences and Asset Pricing," MPRA Paper 47933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio Rosato, 2016.
"Selling substitute goods to loss-averse consumers: limited availability, bargains, and rip-offs,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 47(3), pages 709-733, August.
- Rosato, Antonio, 2013. "Selling Substitute Goods to Loss-Averse Consumers: Limited Availability, Bargains and Rip-offs," MPRA Paper 47168, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedro Bordalo & Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer, 2012.
"Salience in Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 47-52, May.
- Pedro Bordalo & Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer, 2012. "Salience in Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect," NBER Working Papers 17761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bordalo, Pedro & Gennaioli, Nicola & Shleifer, Andrei, 2012. "Salience and Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect," Scholarly Articles 10636304, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Nicholas C. Barberis, 2013. "Thirty Years of Prospect Theory in Economics: A Review and Assessment," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 173-196, Winter.
- repec:kap:expeco:v:20:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10683-016-9501-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anmol Ratan, 2012. "Mistakes, Closure and Endowment Effect in Laboratory Experiments," Monash Economics Working Papers 22-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2011-01-30 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2011-01-30 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16715. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .