On the Predictability of Tax-Rate Changes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-987, December.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1974. "A Note on the Structure of Optimal Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 701-706, September.
- Auernheimer, Leonardo, 1974. "The Honest Government's Guide to the Revenue from the Creation of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 598-606, May/June.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1979. "The Volatility of Long-Term Interest Rates and Expectations Models of the Term Structure," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1190-1219, December.
- Sadka, Efraim, 1977. "A theorem on uniform taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 387-391, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos & Velasco, Carlos, 2006.
"Generalized spectral tests for the martingale difference hypothesis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 151-185, September.
- Velasco Gómez, Carlos & Escanciano, Juan Carlos, 2003. "Generalized spectral tests for the martingale difference hypothesis," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws035312, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Blomberg, S. Brock & Hess, Gregory D., 2003. "Is the political business cycle for real?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1091-1121, May.
- Huang, Chao-Hsi & Lin, Kenneth S., 1993. "Deficits, government expenditures, and tax smoothing in the United States: 1929-1988," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 317-339, June.
- Durlauf, Steven N., 1991.
"Spectral based testing of the martingale hypothesis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 355-376, December.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 1992. "Spectral Based Testing of the Martingale Hypothesis," NBER Technical Working Papers 0090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luo, Yulei & Nie, Jun & Young, Eric R., 2014.
"Model uncertainty and intertemporal tax smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 289-314.
- Yulei Luo & Jun Nie & Eric R. Young, 2012. "Model uncertainty and intertemporal tax smoothing," Research Working Paper RWP 12-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Luo, Yulei & Nie, Jun & Young, Eric, 2014. "Model Uncertainty and Intertemporal Tax Smoothing," MPRA Paper 54268, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barseghyan, Levon & Battaglini, Marco & Coate, Stephen, 2013.
"Fiscal policy over the real business cycle: A positive theory,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(6), pages 2223-2265.
- Marco Battaglini & Stephen Coate, 2008. "Fiscal Policy over the Real Business Cycle: A Positive Theory," NBER Working Papers 14047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak & Jayawickrama, Ananda, 2008.
"Singapore's recurrent budget surplus: The role of conservative growth forecasts,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 117-124, April.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Ananda Jayawickrama, 2007. "Singapore’s Recurrent Budget Surplus The Role of Conservative Growth Forecasts," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0704, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Giovanni Ganelli & Juha Tervala, 2014. "Dynamic Scoring in Open Economies," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 70(1), pages 31-66, March.
- Ananda Jayawickrama & Tilak Abeysinghe, 2013. "The experience of some OECD economies on tax smoothing," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(16), pages 2305-2313, June.
- Raffaella Basile & Bruno Chiarini & Elisabetta Marzano, 2011.
"Can we Rely upon Fiscal Policy Estimates in Countries with Unreported Production of 15 Per Cent (or more) of GDP?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3521, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raffaella Basile & Bruno Chiarini & Elisabetta Marzano, 2012. "Can we rely upon fiscal policy estimates in countries with unreported production of 15 per cent (or more) of GDP?," Working Papers 1, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Cashin, Paul & Ul Haque, Nadeem & Olekalns, Nilss, 2003. "Tax smoothing, tax tilting and fiscal sustainability in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 47-67, January.
- Mark Strazicich, 2002. "International evidence of tax smoothing in a panel of industrial countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2325-2331.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1983. "The Theory of Optimum Deficits and Debt," NBER Working Papers 1232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juha Tervala & Giovanni Ganelli, 2008. "Tax Reforms, “Free Lunches”, and “Cheap Lunches” in Open Economies," IMF Working Papers 08/227, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0636. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .