Monetary control uncertainty and inflation bias
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 73 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Hoeberichts, M.M., 1996.
"The Trade Off Between Central Bank Independence and Conservativeness,"
1996-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Hoeberichts, Marco, 1998. "The Trade off between Central Bank Independence and Conservativeness," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 397-411, July.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Hoeberichts, M.M., 1998. "The trade off between central bank independence and conservativeness," Other publications TiSEM edcd13f6-471a-415a-b14e-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Schaling, E., 1995. "The ultimate determinants of central bank independence," Discussion Paper 1995-5, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S. & De Hann, J., 1995.
"The Political Economy of Central Bank Independence,"
9587, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S-C-W & de Haan, J, 1996. "The Political Economy of Central-Bank Independence," Princeton Studies in International Economics 19, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Lohmann, Susanne, 1992. "Optimal Commitment in Monetary Policy: Credibility versus Flexibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 273-86, March.
- Friedman, Milton, 1971. "Government Revenue from Inflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 846-56, July-Aug..
- Cukierman Alex, 1992.
"Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence,"
Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 10, December.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981, June.
- Matthew B. Canzoneri, 1983.
"Monetary policy games and the role of private information,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
249, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Canzoneri, Matthew B, 1985. "Monetary Policy Games and the Role of Private Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1056-70, December.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Swank, Otto H, 1994. " Better Monetary Control May Increase the Inflationary Bias of Policy," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(1), pages 125-31.
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-89, November.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1987.
"The optimal collection of seigniorage : Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 327-341, September.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 1987. "The Optimal Collection of Seigniorage: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Auernheimer, Leonardo, 1974. "The Honest Government's Guide to the Revenue from the Creation of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 598-606, May/June.
- Marty, Alvin L., 1976. "A note on the welfare cost of money creation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 121-124, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:73:y:2001:i:2:p:125-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.