The Effect of Ignoring Heteroscedasticity on Estimates of the Tobit Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
- Arabmazar, Abbas & Schmidt, Peter, 1981. "Further evidence on the robustness of the Tobit estimator to heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 253-258, November.
- Greene, William H, 1981. "On the Asymptotic Bias of the Ordinary Least Squares Estimator of the Tobit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 505-513, March.
- Olsen, Randall J, 1982. "Distributional Tests for Selectivity Bias and a More Robust Likelihood Estimator," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(1), pages 223-240, February.
- James Tobin, 1956. "Estimation of Relationships for Limited Dependent Variables," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 3R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hurd, Michael, 1979. "Estimation in truncated samples when there is heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2-3), pages 247-258.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melvin Stephens, 2002. "Worker Displacement and the Added Worker Effect," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(3), pages 504-537, July.
- Melvin Stephens Jr., 2003.
""3rd of tha Month": Do Social Security Recipients Smooth Consumption Between Checks?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 406-422, March.
- Melvin Stephens Jr., 2002. "'3rd of tha Month': Do Social Security Recipients Smooth Consumption Between Checks?," NBER Working Papers 9135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cory Koedel & Julian Betts, 2010.
"Value Added to What? How a Ceiling in the Testing Instrument Influences Value-Added Estimation,"
Education Finance and Policy,
MIT Press, vol. 5(1), pages 54-81, January.
- Cory Koedel & Julian Betts, 2008. "Value-Added to What? How a Ceiling in the Testing Instrument Influences Value-Added Estimation," Working Papers 0807, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Cory Koedel & Julian Betts, 2009. "Value-Added to What? How a Ceiling in the Testing Instrument Influences Value-Added Estimation," NBER Working Papers 14778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bundervoet, Tom, 2010. "Assets, Activity Choices, and Civil War: Evidence from Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 955-965, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberte:0027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .