How Does Culture Contribute To Innovation? Evidence From European Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anneli Kaasa & Maaja Vadi, 2010. "How does culture contribute to innovation? Evidence from European countries," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(7), pages 583-604.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mourad Dakhli & Dirk De Clercq, 2004. "Human capital, social capital, and innovation: a multi-country study," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 107-128, March.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1987.
"A technology gap approach to why growth rates differ,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 87-99, August.
- Jan Fagerberg, 1987. "A technology gap approach to why growth rates differ," Working Papers Archives 1987002, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Waarts, Eric & Van Everdingen, Yvonne, 2005. "The Influence of National Culture on the Adoption Status of Innovations:: An Empirical Study of Firms Across Europe," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 601-610, December.
- Shane, Scott, 1993. "Cultural influences on national rates of innovation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Al James, 2005. "Demystifying the role of culture in innovative regional economies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1197-1216.
- Nasierowski, W. & Arcelus, F. J., 1999. "Interrelationships among the elements of national innovation systems: A statistical evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 235-253, December.
- Shane, Scott A., 1992. "Why do some societies invent more than others?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 29-46, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rakesh Sambharya & Martina Musteen, 2014. "Institutional environment and entrepreneurship: An empirical study across countries," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 314-330, December.
- Bobby Kurian, 2015. "Impact of Culture on Innovativeness in IT Organizations in India," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 5(3), pages 304-316, March.
- repec:bla:tvecsg:v:108:y:2017:i:1:p:109-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anneli Kaasa, 2016. "Culture, religion and productivity: Evidence from European regions," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 12(1), pages 11-28, April.
- Arundel, Anthony & Casali, Luca & Hollanders, Hugo, 2015. "How European public sector agencies innovate: The use of bottom-up, policy-dependent and knowledge-scanning innovation methods," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1271-1282.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2009-08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthias Siller & Christoph Hauser & Janette Walde & Gottfried Tappeiner, 2015. "Measuring regional innovation in one dimension: More lost than gained?," Working Papers 2015-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Marian Adolf & Jason Mast & Nico Stehr, 2013. "The foundations of innovation in modern societies: the displacement of concepts and knowledgeability," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 12(1), pages 11-22, June.
- Kaasa, Anneli & Vadi, Maaja & Varblane, Urmas, 2016. "A new dataset of cultural distances for European countries and regions," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 231-241.
- Denise Tsang, 2010. "The Institutional Sources of Innovation in Korean and UK Online Gaming Firms," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0223-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation; culture; Europe;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2008-09-29 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-EEC-2008-09-29 (European Economics)
- NEP-INO-2008-09-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2008-09-29 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SOC-2008-09-29 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtk:febawb:63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Reino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/febutee.html .