A technology gap approach to why growth rates differ
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1987. "A technology gap approach to why growth rates differ," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 87-99, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward K. Y. Chen, 1979. "Economic Growth and Income Distribution," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Hyper-growth in Asian Economies, chapter 8, pages 152-176, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Zvi Griliches, 1984. "R&D, Patents, and Productivity," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gril84-1.
- Bosworth, Derek L., 1984. "Foreign patent flows to and from the United Kingdom," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 115-124, April.
- Singer, Hans W & Reynolds, Lyn, 1975. "Technological Backwardness and Productivity Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(340), pages 873-876, December.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Innovation, Technology Transfer, and the World Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 253-266, April.
- L. Bosworth, Derek, 1980. "The transfer of U.S. technology abroad," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 378-388, October.
- Edward K. Y. Chen, 1983. "The Diffusion of Technology," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Multinational Corporations, Technology and Employment, chapter 4, pages 69-93, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Raymond Vernon, 1966. "International Investment and International Trade in the Product Cycle," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(2), pages 190-207.
- M. V. Posner, 1961. "International Trade And Technical Change," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 323-341.
- Cornwall, John, 1976. "Diffusion, Convergence and Kaldor's Laws," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 307-314, June.
- Irving B. Kravis, 1956. ""Availability" and Other Influences on the Commodity Composition of Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 143-143.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2013. "Innovation - a New Guide," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20131119, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "Technology, Growth and Trade: Schumpeterian Perspectives," MPRA Paper 59156, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Harris & John Moffat, 2011. "R&D, Innovation and Exporting," SERC Discussion Papers 0073, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dariusz Kotlewski, 2022. "Przesłanki za wykorzystaniem rachunkowości wzrostu gospodarczego w badaniu specjalizacji regionalnych," Ekonomista, Polskie Towarzystwo Ekonomiczne, issue 2, pages 235-258.
- Christoph March & Ina Schieferdecker, 2021. "Technological Sovereignty as Ability, Not Autarky," CESifo Working Paper Series 9139, CESifo.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013.
"The Role of Product Innovation Output on Export Behavior of Firms,"
Papers in Innovation Studies
2013/38, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013. "The Role of Product Innovation Output on Export Behavior of Firms," Working Papers 2013/05, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Harald Trabold, 1994. "Technical Progress, Innovation and Product Differentiation in a Ricardian Trade Model with a Continuum of Goods," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 95, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Dulude, Louise, 1978. "L’effort consacré à la recherche et au développement : un facteur explicatif de la structure et de l’évolution des exportations de pays industrialisés," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 54(1), pages 21-45, janvier-m.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Andrew K. Rose, 1991.
"How pervasive is the product cycle? The empirical dynamics of American and Japanese trade flows,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
410, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gagnon, Joseph E. & Rose, Andrew K., 1991. "How Pervasive Is the Product Cycle? The Empirical Dynamics of American and Japanese Trade Flows," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt5g98559s, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph E. Gagnon and Andrew K. Rose., 1991. "How Pervasive Is the Product Cycle? The Empirical Dynamics of American and Japanese Trade Flows," Economics Working Papers 91-186, University of California at Berkeley.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Andrew K. Rose, 1992. "How Pervasive is the Product Cycle? The Empirical Dynamics of American and Japanese Trade Flows," NBER Working Papers 3946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdul Rauf & Ying Ma & Abdul Jalil, 2019. "Revisiting the Innovation-export Nexus using Industry-level Data: Evidence from China's Large- and Medium-sized Industrial Enterprises," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 9(3), pages 73-80.
- Yusuf Bayraktutan & Hanife Bıdırdı, 2018. "Innovation and High-Tech Exports in Developed and Developing Countries," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(03), pages 1-21, October.
- Michael Bleaney & Katharine Wakelin, 2002. "Efficiency, innovation and exports," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(1), pages 3-15, February.
- Bhupatiraju, Samyukta & Nomaler, Önder & Triulzi, Giorgio & Verspagen, Bart, 2012. "Knowledge flows – Analyzing the core literature of innovation, entrepreneurship and science and technology studies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1205-1218.
- Bagchi AK., 1987. "Differential impact of new technologies on developing countries: a framework of analysis," ILO Working Papers 992553263402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:271281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harris, R. G., 1989. "New theories of trade and the pattern of global specialisation," ILO Working Papers 992712813402676, International Labour Organization.
- Foellmi, Reto & Hanslin Grossmann, Sandra & Kohler, Andreas, 2018.
"A dynamic North-South model of demand-induced product cycles,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 63-86.
- Föllmi, Reto & Hanslin, Sandra & Kohler, Andreas, 2012. "A Dynamic North-South Model of Demand-Induced Product Cycles," VfS Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62023, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Foellmi, Reto & Hanslin, Sandra & Kohler, Andreas, 2015. "A Dynamic North-South Model of Demand-Induced Product Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 10452, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reto Foellmi & Sandra Hanslin & Andreas Kohler, 2015. "A Dynamic North-South Model of Demand-Induced Product Cycles," FIW Working Paper series 152, FIW.
- Reto Foellmi & Sandra Hanslin Grossmann & Andreas Kohler, 2015. "A dynamic North-South model of demand-induced product cycles," Working Papers 2015-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Foellmi, Reto & Hanslin, Sandra & Kohler, Andreas, 2015. "A Dynamic North-South Model of Demand-Induced Product Cycles," Economics Working Paper Series 1504, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Betul Gur, 2020. "The Effect of Foreign Trade on Innovation: The Case of Brics-T Countries," EconWorld Working Papers 20003, WERI-World Economic Research Institute, revised May 2020.
- R Harris & Q Li, "undated".
"Exporting, R&D and Absorptive Capacity in UK Establishments: Evidence from the 2001 Community Innovation Survey,"
2006_19, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Qian Li & Richard Harris, 2006. "Exporting, R&D and Absorptive Capacity in UK Establishments: Evidence from the 2001 Community Innovation Survey," EcoMod2006 272100051, EcoMod.
- Isniar Budiarti, 2017. "Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital - A Theoretical Perspective of Human Resource Strategies and Practices," European Journal of Economics and Business Studies Articles, Revistia Research and Publishing, vol. 3, May - Aug.
- Rauch, James E, 1991.
"Reconciling the Pattern of Trade with the Pattern of Migration,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 775-796, September.
- James E. Rauch, 1991. "Reconciling the Pattern of Trade with the Pattern of Migration," NBER Working Papers 3605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tik:wparch:1987002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/tkuiono.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: H&kon Normann (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/tkuiono.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.