Does International Trade Synchronize Business Cycles?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, Andrew & Snyder, Ralph D., 1990. "Structural time series models in inventory control," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 187-198, July.
- Johnston, F. R. & Boylan, J. E., 1996. "Forecasting intermittent demand: A comparative evaluation of croston's method. Comment," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 297-298, June.
- Snyder, R.D. & Koehler, A.B. & Ord, J.K., 1998. "Lead Time demand for Simple Exponential Smoothing," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Willemain, Thomas R. & Smart, Charles N. & Shockor, Joseph H. & DeSautels, Philip A., 1994. "Forecasting intermittent demand in manufacturing: a comparative evaluation of Croston's method," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 529-538, December.
- Ord, J.K. & Koehler, A. & Snyder, R.D., 1995. "Estimation and Prediction for a Class of Dynamic Nonlinear Statistical Models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 4/95, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Snyder, R. D., 1984. "Inventory control with the gamma probability distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 373-381, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brian M. Doyle & Jon Faust, 2005.
"Breaks in the Variability and Comovement of G-7 Economic Growth,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 721-740, November.
- Brian M. Doyle & Jon Faust, 2003. "Breaks in the variability and co-movement of G-7 economic growth," International Finance Discussion Papers 786, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Spiliopoulos, Leonidas, 2010. "The determinants of macroeconomic volatility: A Bayesian model averaging approach," MPRA Paper 26832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Montalbano, Pierluigi, 2011.
"Trade Openness and Developing Countries' Vulnerability: Concepts, Misconceptions, and Directions for Research,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1489-1502, September.
- Pierluigi Montalbano, 2010. "Does trade opennes increase vulnerability? A survey of the literature," Working Paper Series 0410, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Maria Bejan, 2007. "Some Business Cycle Consequences of Trade Agreements:The Case of the North American Free Trade Agreement," RSCAS Working Papers 2007/03, European University Institute.
- Kose, M. Ayhan & Yi, Kei-Mu, 2006.
"Can the standard international business cycle model explain the relation between trade and comovement?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 267-295, March.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Kei-Mu Yi, 2005. "Can the standard international business cycle model explain the relation between trade and comovement?," Working Papers 05-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kei-Mu Yi & Ayhan Kose, 2005. "Can the Standard International Business Cycle Model Explain the Relation Between Trade and Comovement?," IMF Working Papers 05/204, International Monetary Fund.
- Norbert Fiess, 2007.
"Business Cycle Synchronization and Regional Integration: A Case Study for Central America,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(1), pages 49-72.
- Norbert Fiess, "undated". "Business Cycle Synchronization and Regional Integration: A Case Study for Central America," Working Papers 2005_14, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Fiess, Norbert, 2005. "Business cycle synchronization and regional integration: a case study for Central America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3584, The World Bank.
- Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Huh, Hyeon-Seung & Harris, David, 2003. "The relative impact of the US and Japanese business cycles on the Australian economy," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 111-129, January.
- Ioannis Tsamourgelis & Persa Paflioti & Thomas Vitsounis, 2013. "Seaports Activity (A)synchronicity, Trade Intensity and Business Cycle Convergence: A Panel Data Analysis," International Journal of Maritime, Trade & Economic Issues (IJMTEI), International Journal of Maritime, Trade & Economic Issues (IJMTEI), vol. 0(1), pages 67-92.
- Ferdinand Fichtner, 2003. "Germany and the European Business Cycle - An Analysis of Causal Relations in an International Real Business Cycle Model," IWP Discussion Paper Series 01/2003, Institute for Economic Policy, Cologne, Germany.
- Jorge Herrera Hernández, 2004. "Business cycles in Mexico and the United States: Do they share common movements?," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 7, pages 303-323, November.
- Manuel Ramos Francia & Daniel Chiquiar, 2004. "Bilateral Trade and Business Cycle Synchronization: Evidence from Mexico and United States Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 2004-05, Banco de México.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Kei-Mu Yi, 2002. "The trade comovement problem in international macroeconomics," Staff Reports 155, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Marek Lubiński, 2007. "International Business Cycle," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 1(2), June.
- Maria Bejan, 2011.
"Trade Agreements and International Comovements: the Case of NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement),"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 14(4), pages 667-685, October.
- Maria Bejan, 2011. "Code and data files for "Trade Agreements and International Comovements: the Case of NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement)"," Computer Codes 07-86, Review of Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
KeywordsCoherence; Volatility; Business Cycles; Time Series;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F49 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-04-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:1999-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .