Transfer rate rules and core selections in NTU games
Different kinds of asymmetries between players can occur in core allocations; in that case the stability of the concept is questioned. One remedy consists in selecting robust core allocations. We review, in this note, results that all select core allocations in NTU games with different concepts of robustness. Within a unified approach, we deduce the existence of allocations in : the partnered core, the social stable core, the core intersected with average prekernel, the weak inner core. We use a recent contribution of Bonnisseau and Iehlé (2003) that states the existence of core allocations with a transfer rate rule equilibrium under a dependent balancedness assumption. It shall turn out to be manipulable tools for selecting the core.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13|
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski Arkadi, 2002.
"A Necessary and Sufficient Condition for Non--emptiness of the Core of a Non--transferable Utility Game,"
016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi & Jean-Jacques Herings, P., 2004. "A necessary and sufficient condition for non-emptiness of the core of a non-transferable utility game," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 84-92, May.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Iehle, Vincent, 2007.
"Payoff-dependent balancedness and cores,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Vincent Iehlé, 2007. "Payoff-dependent balancedness and cores," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00176203, HAL.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Vincent Iehle, 2004. "Payoffs-dependent Balancedness and Cores," Game Theory and Information 0403004, EconWPA.
- Orshan, Gooni & Zarzuelo, Jose M., 2000. "The Bilateral Consistent Prekernel for NTU Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 67-84, July.
- Bennett, Elaine & Zame, William R, 1988. "Bargaining in Cooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 279-300.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003.
"A survey of models of network formation: Stability and efficiency,"
1161, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2003. "A Survey of Models of Network Formation: Stability and Efficiency," Game Theory and Information 0303011, EconWPA.
- Herings,P. Jean-Jacques & Laan, van der,Gerard & Talman,Dolf, 2003.
"Socially Structured Games and Their Applications,"
024, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Qin Cheng-Zhong, 1994. "The Inner Core of an n-Person Game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 431-444, May.
- Qin Cheng-Zhong, 1993. "The Inner Core and the Strictly Inhibitive Set," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 96-106, February.
- Shimomura, Ken-Ichi & Serrano, Roberto, 2005.
"A comparison of the average prekernel and the prekernel,"
UC3M Working papers. Economics
we055827, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Serrano, Roberto & Shimomura, Ken-Ichi, 2006. "A comparison of the average prekernel and the prekernel," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 288-301, December.
- Bennett, Elaine, 1997. "Multilateral Bargaining Problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 151-179, May.
- Reny, Philip J. & Holtz Wooders, Myrna, 1996. "The Partnered Core of a Game without Side Payments," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 298-311, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b04093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.