Nonemptiness of the alpha-core
We prove non-emptiness of the alpha-core for balanced games with non-ordered preferences, extending and generalizing in several aspects the results of Scarf (1971), Border (1984), Florenzano (1989), Yannelis (1991) and Kajii (1992). In particular we answer an open question in Kajii (1992) regarding the applicability of the non-emptiness results to models with infinite dimensional strategy spaces. We provide two models with Knightian and voting preferences for which the results of Scarf (1971) and Kajii (1992) cannot be applied while our non-emptiness result applies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manchester M13 9PL|
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rigotti, Luca & Shannon, Chris, 2001.
"Uncertainty and Risk in Financial Markets,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt6m42r5rr, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Rigotti, Luca & Shannon, Chris, 2001. "Uncertainty and Risk in Financial Markets," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7pp7113z, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Luca Rigotti & Chris Shannon=20, 2002. "Uncertainty and Risk in Financial Markets," Game Theory and Information 0201001, EconWPA.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Vincent Iehle, 2004.
"Payoffs-dependent Balancedness and Cores,"
Game Theory and Information
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Vincent Iehlé, 2007. "Payoff-dependent balancedness and cores," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00176203, HAL.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Iehlé, Vincent, 2007. "Payoff-dependant Balancedness and Cores," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/89, Paris Dauphine University.
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi & Jean-Jacques Herings, P., 2004.
"A necessary and sufficient condition for non-emptiness of the core of a non-transferable utility game,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 84-92, May.
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski Arkadi, 2002. "A Necessary and Sufficient Condition for Non--emptiness of the Core of a Non--transferable Utility Game," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Podczeck, Konrad & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2008. "Equilibrium theory with asymmetric information and with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 152-183, July.
- Border, Kim C, 1984. "A Core Existence Theorem for Games without Ordered Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1537-42, November.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1991. "Equilibrium theory in infinite dimensional spaces," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 1835-1898 Elsevier.
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1970.
"On the Existence of a Cooperative Solution for a General Class of N-Person Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
293, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Scarf, Herbert E., 1971. "On the existence of a coopertive solution for a general class of N-person games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 169-181, June.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Vincent Iehlé, 2007. "Payoff-dependent balancedness and cores (revised version)," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 678.07, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Florenzano Monique, 1987. "On the non-emptiness of the core of a coalitional production economy without ordered preferences," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8733, CEPREMAP.
- Holly, Charles, 1994. "An Exchange Economy Can Have an Empty Alpha-Core," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 453-61, May.
- Koutsougeras, Leonidas C & Yannelis, Nicholas C, 1993. "Incentive Compatibility and Information Superiority of the Core of an Economy with Differential Information," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 195-216, April.
- Isabelle Lefebvre, 2001. "An alternative proof of the nonemptiness of the private core," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 275-291.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:man:sespap:1105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marianne Sensier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.