Insider trading with different market structures
We study an extension of Jain and Mirman (1999) with two insiders under three different market structures: (i) Cournot competition among the insiders, (ii) Stackelberg game between the insiders and (iii) monopoly in the real market and Stackelberg in the financial market. We show how the equilibrium outcomes are affected by each of the market structure. Finally we perform a comparative statics analysis between the models.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tighe, Carla & Michener, Ron, 1994. "The Political Economy of Insider-Trading Laws," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 164-68, May.
- Rohit Rahi & James Dow, 1998.
"Informed Trading, Investment, and Welfare,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp292, Financial Markets Group.
- Creane, Anthony, 1994. "Experimentation with Heteroskedastic Noise," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 275-86, March.
- Wang, Leonard F.S. & Wang, Ya-Chin & Ren, Shuang, 2009. "Stackelberg financial-leader in insider trading model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 123-131, January.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Jain, Neelam & Mirman, Leonard J., 1999. "Insider trading with correlated signals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 105-113, October.
- Wassim Daher & Leonard J. Mirman, 2004.
"Cournot duopoly and insider trading with two insiders,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
b04077, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Daher, Wassim & Mirman, Leonard J., 2006. "Cournot duopoly and insider trading with two insiders," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 530-551, September.
- Ludovic Julien, 2011. "A note on Stackelberg competition," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 103(2), pages 171-187, June.
- Jain, Neelam & Mirman, Leonard J., 2002. "Effects of insider trading under different market structures," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 19-39.
- Daher, Wassim & Mirman, Leonard J., 2007.
"Market structure and insider trading,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 306-331.
- Manove, Michael, 1989. "The Harm from Insider Trading and Informed Speculation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(4), pages 823-45, November.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1990.
"Insider Trading: Should It Be Prohibited?,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-195, University of California at Berkeley.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:cesdoc:11056. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.