Insider trading with different market structures
We study an extension of Jain and Mirman (1999) with two insiders under three different market structures: (i) Cournot competition among the insiders, (ii) Stackelberg game between the insiders and (iii) monopoly in the real market and Stackelberg in the financial market. We show how the equilibrium outcomes are affected by each of the market structure. Finally we perform a comparative statics analysis between the models
|Date of creation:||Aug 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13|
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean-Luc Vila, 1994.
"Insider Trading without Normality,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 131-152.
- Liang, Woan-lih & Lin, Hsiou-wei W. & Syu, Yir-Jung, 2010. "Precision of Investor Information and Financial Disclosure," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 627-632, October.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1990.
"Insider Trading: Should It Be Prohibited?,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-195, University of California at Berkeley.
- Liu, Hong & Zhang, Zhixiang, 2011. "Insider trading with public and shared information," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1756-1762, July.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Jain, Neelam & Mirman, Leonard J., 1999. "Insider trading with correlated signals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 105-113, October.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Davidson III, Wallace N. & Leung, T.Y., 2011. "Insider trading returns and dividend signals," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 421-429, June.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Neelam Jain, 2000. "Real and financial effects of insider trading with correlated signals," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 16(2), pages 333-353.
- Creane, Anthony, 1994. "Experimentation with Heteroskedastic Noise," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(2), pages 275-86, March.
- Holden, Craig W & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1992. " Long-Lived Private Information and Imperfect Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 247-70, March.
- James Dow & Rohit Rahi, 1996.
"Informed Trading, Investment and Welfare,"
Archive Working Papers
029, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- RenÈ Caldentey & Ennio Stacchetti, 2010. "Insider Trading With a Random Deadline," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(1), pages 245-283, 01.
- Tighe, Carla & Michener, Ron, 1994. "The Political Economy of Insider-Trading Laws," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 164-68, May.
- Wassim Daher & Leonard J. Mirman, 2004.
"Market structure and insider trading,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
b04025, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Leonard F.S. Wang, 2010. "Stackelberg real-leader in an insider trading model," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 30-46, May.
- Michael Manove, 1989. "The Harm from Insider Trading and Informed Speculation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 823-845.
- Ludovic Julien, 2011.
"A note on Stackelberg competition,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 103(2), pages 171-187, June.
- Daher, Wassim & Mirman, Leonard J., 2006.
"Cournot duopoly and insider trading with two insiders,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 530-551, September.
- Wassim Daher & Leonard J. Mirman, 2004. "Cournot duopoly and insider trading with two insiders," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04077, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Wang, Leonard F.S. & Wang, Ya-Chin & Ren, Shuang, 2009. "Stackelberg financial-leader in insider trading model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 123-131, January.
- Jain, Neelam & Mirman, Leonard J., 2002. "Effects of insider trading under different market structures," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 19-39.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:cesdoc:11056. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.