Finding informed traders in futures and their inderlying assets in intraday trading
We propose a mathematical procedure for finding informed traders in ultra-high frequency trading. We wrote it as Vector ARMA and found condition of its stationarity. For the price exposure complied with ARMA(1,2) we proved that underlying asset price difference can be derived as ARMA(1,1) process. For validation of the model, we test an influence of informed traders in EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/RUB pairs and futures, in gold and futures prices, in Russian Trade System share index (RTS) and futures trading. We found some evidence of such influence in gold and currency pair USD/RUB pricing, in RTS index in the period from Dec 16 till Dec 20, 2013 and from Jan 28 till Jan 30.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Piccione, Michele & Spiegler, Ran, 2014. "Manipulating market sentiment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 370-373.
- Vitale, Paolo, 2012. "Risk-averse insider trading in multi-asset sequential auction markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 673-675.
- Daher, Wassim & Karam, Fida & Mirman, Leonard J., 2012.
"Insider trading with different market structures,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 143-154.
- Wassim Daher & Fida Karam & Leonard J. Mirman, 2011. "Insider Trading with Different Market Structures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00639657, HAL.
- Wassim Daher & Fida Karam & Leonard J. Mirman, 2011. "Insider trading with different market structures," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11056, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Scholtus, Martin & van Dijk, Dick & Frijns, Bart, 2014.
"Speed, algorithmic trading, and market quality around macroeconomic news announcements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 89-105.
- Martin L. Scholtus & Dick van Dijk & Bart Frijns, 2012. "Speed, Algorithmic Trading, and Market Quality around Macroeconomic News Announcements," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-121/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Alexander, C. & Barbosa, A., 2008. "Hedging index exchange traded funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 326-337, February.
- Grégoire, Philippe & Huang, Hui, 2012. "Information disclosure with leakages," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 2005-2010.
- Muravyev, Dmitriy & Pearson, Neil D. & Paul Broussard, John, 2013. "Is there price discovery in equity options?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 259-283.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Zhou, Deqing, 2012. "Overconfidence, public disclosure and long-lived information," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 626-630.
- Liu, Hong & Zhang, Zhixiang, 2011. "Insider trading with public and shared information," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1756-1762, July.
- Hu, Jianfeng, 2014. "Does option trading convey stock price information?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 625-645.
- Park, Young S. & Lee, Jaehyun, 2010. "Detecting insider trading: The theory and validation in Korea Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2110-2120, September.
- Deb, Pragyan & Koo, Bonsoo & Liu, Zijun, 2014. "Competition, premature trading and excess volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 178-193.
- Yi-Tsung Lee & Wei-Shao Wu & Yun Yang, 2013. "Informed Futures Trading and Price Discovery: Evidence from Taiwan Futures and Stock Markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 20(3), pages 219-242, September.
- Yang, Chunpeng & Li, Jinfang, 2014. "Two-period trading sentiment asset pricing model with information," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-7.
- Apergis, Nicholas, 2014. "Can gold prices forecast the Australian dollar movements?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 75-82.
- Wang, Leonard F.S. & Wang, Ya-Chin & Ren, Shuang, 2009. "Stackelberg financial-leader in insider trading model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 123-131, January.
- Pukthuanthong, Kuntara & Roll, Richard, 2011. "Gold and the Dollar (and the Euro, Pound, and Yen)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2070-2083, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1402.6583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.