Precision of Investor Information and Financial Disclosure
This study investigates a situation in which the precision of an inside investor's private signal increases with the size of his shareholding. Intuitively, an insider with a more informative signal regarding the prospects of a project may be expected to involve himself in larger information-motivated transactions and enjoy greater profits. We suggest that such an advantage, nevertheless, may be alleviated or even eliminated when the financial statements accompanied by disclosure of either his shareholdings or the distribution of block shareholdings reveal the extent to which the insider is informed. The market may optimize its reaction to the order flows accordingly.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fidrmucova, J. & Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2005.
"Insider Trading, News Releases and Ownership Concentration,"
2005-025, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Jana P. Fidrmuc & Marc Goergen & Luc Renneboog, 2006. "Insider Trading, News Releases, and Ownership Concentration," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2931-2973, December.
- Fidrmuc Jana P. & Goergen Marc & Renneborg Luc, 2005. "Insider Trading, News Releases and Ownership Concentration," Working Papers wpn05-03, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Fidrmucova, J. & Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2005. "Insider Trading, News Releases and Ownership Concentration," Discussion Paper 2005-97, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1991. "Risk Aversion, Market Liquidity, and Price Efficiency," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 416-41.
- Verrecchia, Robert E, 1982. "Information Acquisition in a Noisy Rational Expectations Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1415-30, November.
- Giovanna Nicodano & Sudipto Bhattacharya, 1999.
"Insider Trading, Investment and Liquidity: A Welfare Analysis,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp334, Financial Markets Group.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya, 2001. "Insider Trading, Investment, and Liquidity: A Welfare Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1141-1156, 06.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey F, 1974. "Special Information and Insider Trading," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(3), pages 410-28, July.
- Vo, Minh T., 2008. "Strategic trading when some investors receive information before others," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 319-332.
- Repullo, Rafael, 1999.
"Some Remarks on Leland's Model of Insider Trading,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(263), pages 359-74, August.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Huddart, Steven & Hughes, John S & Levine, Carolyn B, 2001. "Public Disclosure and Dissimulation of Insider Trades," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 665-81, May.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1990.
"Insider Trading: Should It Be Prohibited?,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-195, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ma, Yulong & Sun, Huey-Lian & Tang, Alex P., 2009. "Do insiders have inside tracks: An examination of Wall Street Journal's Inside Track columns?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 520-530, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1981. "Information aggregation in a noisy rational expectations economy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 221-235, September.
- Wang, Leonard F.S. & Wang, Ya-Chin & Ren, Shuang, 2009. "Stackelberg financial-leader in insider trading model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 123-131, January.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1991. " Disclosure, Liquidity, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1325-59, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:19:y:2010:i:4:p:627-632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.