Insider Trading, Investment and Liquidity: A Welfare Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sudipto Bhattacharya, 2001. "Insider Trading, Investment, and Liquidity: A Welfare Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1141-1156, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dow, James & Rahi, Rohit, 2000. "Should Speculators Be Taxed?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(1), pages 89-107, January.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, pages 14-23.
- Hart, Oliver D., 1975. "On the optimality of equilibrium when the market structure is incomplete," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 418-443, December.
- Repullo, Rafael, 1999. "Some Remarks on Leland's Model of Insider Trading," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, pages 359-374.
- Qi, Jianping, 1996. "Efficient investment and financial intermediation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 891-900, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1982. " Optimal Managerial Contracts and Equilibrium Security Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 275-287, May.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1993. "Market Liquidity and Performance Monitoring," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 678-709, August.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1992. "Insider Trading: Should It Be Prohibited?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 859-887, August.
- Bryant, John, 1980. "A model of reserves, bank runs, and deposit insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-344, December.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1981. "Information aggregation in a noisy rational expectations economy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 221-235, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Cespa, 2007. "Information Sales and Insider Trading with Long-lived Information," CSEF Working Papers 174, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Arnoud W. A. Boot & Radhakrishnan Gopalan & Anjan V. Thakor, 2008.
"Market Liquidity, Investor Participation, and Managerial Autonomy: Why Do Firms Go Private?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(4), pages 2013-2059, August.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Gopalan, Radhakrishnan & Thakor, Anjan, 2006. "Market Liquidity, Investor Participation and Managerial Autonomy: Why Do Firms Go Private?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5510, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnoud W.A. Boot & Radhakrishnan Gopaian & Anjan V. Thakor, 2006. "Market Liquidity, Investor Participation and Managerial Autonomy: Why do Firms go Private?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-011/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Giovanni Cespa, 2008. "Information Sales and Insider Trading with Long-Lived Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 639-672, April.
- Yuri Pettinicchi, 2012. "Financial Literacy, Information Acquisition and Asset Pricing Implications," Working Papers 2012_03, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Juan Jose Cruces & Enrique L. Kawamura, 2005. "Insider Trading and Corporate Governance in Latin America: A Sequential Trade Model Approach," Working Papers 86, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Dec 2005.
- Andrea Marcello Buffa, 2004. "Strategic Insider Trading with Imperfect Information: A Trading Volume Analysis," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 101-143, November-.
- Andrea M. Buffa & Giovanna Nicodano, 2008.
"Should Insider Trading be Prohibited when Share Repurchases are Allowed?,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 12(4), pages 735-765.
- Andrea Buffa & Giovanna Nicodano, 2006. "Should Insider Trading be Prohibited when Share Repurchases are Allowed?," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 16, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Liang, Woan-lih & Lin, Hsiou-wei W. & Syu, Yir-Jung, 2010. "Precision of Investor Information and Financial Disclosure," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 627-632, October.
- Maug, Ernst, 2002. "Insider trading legislation and corporate governance," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1569-1597, October.
- Giovanni Cespa, 2007. "Information Sales and Insider Trading with Long-lived Information," Working Papers 613, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Athanasakou, Vasiliki & Simpson, Ana, 2016. "Investor attention to rounding as a salient forecast feature," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1212-1233.
- Liu, Dehong & Lung, Pei Peter & Lallemand, Justin, 2015. "Anticipation of takeovers in stock and options markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 19-35.
- Fabio C. Bagliano & Carlo A. Favero & Giovanna Nicodano, 2011. "Insider Trading, Traded Volume and Returns," Working papers 26, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Chi-Wen Lee & Zemin Lu, 2008. "Trading on inside information when there may be tippees," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 241-260, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fmg:fmgdps:dp334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration). General contact details of provider: http://www.lse.ac.uk/fmg/ .