Unilateral Action and Negotiations about Climate Policy
We analyze bargaining over international climate agreements in a setting with incomplete information about abatement costs. Unilateral commitment to high abatement reduces the gains from global cooperation. This reduces the probability of reaching efficient international environmental agreements.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Marstallplatz 1, 80539 München|
Phone: +49 89 24246 0
Fax: +49 89 24246 501
Web page: http://www.tax.mpg.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scott Barret, 1998. "On the Theory and Diplomacy of Environmental Treaty-Making," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 317-333, April.
- Bård Harstad, 2007. "Harmonization and Side Payments in Political Cooperation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 871-889, June.
- Urs Steiner Brandt, 2003.
"Unilateral Actions the Case of International Environmental Problems,"
40/03, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Brandt, Urs Steiner, 2004. "Unilateral actions, the case of international environmental problems," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 373-391, December.
- Beccherle, Julien & Tirole, Jean, 2011.
"Regional initiatives and the cost of delaying binding climate change agreements,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1339-1348.
- Beccherle, Julien & Tirole, Jean, 2010. "Regional Initiatives and the Cost of Delaying Binding Climate Change Agreements," IDEI Working Papers 628, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Kai Konrad, 1994. "Global environmental problems and the strategic choice of technology," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 60(3), pages 299-321, October.
- Hoel, M., 1989.
"Global Environmental Problems: The Effects Of Unilateral Actions Taken By One Country,"
11/1989, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Hoel, Michael, 1991. "Global environmental problems: The effects of unilateral actions taken by one country," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Katarina Elofsson, 2007. "Cost Uncertainty and Unilateral Abatement," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 143-162, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mpi:wpaper:unilateral_action_and_negotiations_about_climate_policy. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hans Mueller)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.