The Arm’s Length Principle and Tacit Collusion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Deneckere, R., 1983. "Duopoly supergames with product differentiation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 37-42.
- Anil Arya & Brian Mittendorf, 2008. "Pricing Internal Trade to Get a Leg up on External Rivals," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 709-731, September.
- Elitzur, Ramy & Mintz, Jack, 1996. "Transfer pricing rules and corporate tax competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 401-422, June.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Michael P. Devereux, 2009.
"The Distorting Arm's Length Principle,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2009
2009-20, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Michael P. Devereux & Christian Keuschnigg, 2009. "The Distorting Arm’s Length Principle," Working Papers 0910, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Keuschnigg, Christian, 2009. "The Distorting Arm's Length Principle," CEPR Discussion Papers 7375, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tim Baldenius & Stefan Reichelstein, 2006. "External and Internal Pricing in Multidivisional Firms," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Kristian Behrens & Susana Peralt & Pierre M. Picard, 2014.
"Transfer Pricing Rules, OECD Guidelines, and Market Distortions,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 16(4), pages 650-680, August.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & PERALTA, Susana & PICARD, Pierre, 2009. "Transfer pricing rules, OECD guidelines, and market distortions," CORE Discussion Papers 2009067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Susana Peralta & Pierre M. Picard, 2010. "Transfer pricing rules, OECD guidelines, and market distortions," CREA Discussion Paper Series 10-20, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Kristian Behrens & Susana Peralta & Pierre M. Picard, 2009. "Transfer Pricing Rules, OECD Guidelines, and Market Distortions," Cahiers de recherche 0943, CIRPEE.
- Michael Alles & Srikant Datar, 1998. "Strategic Transfer Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(4), pages 451-461, April.
- James W. Friedman, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1991. "Transfer Pricing and Organizational Form," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 201-228, Fall.
- Lambertini, Luca & Poddar, Sougata & Sasaki, Dan, 1998.
"Standardization and the stability of collusion,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 303-310, March.
- Luca Lambertini & Sougata Poddar & Dan Sasaki, 1997. "Standardization and the Stability of Collusion," CIE Discussion Papers 1997-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- LAMBERTINI, Luca & PODDAR, Sougata & SASAKI, Dan, 1998. "Standardization and the stability of collusion," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1325, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L. Lambertini & S. Poddar & D. Sasaki, 1997. "Standardization and the Stability of Collusion," Working Papers 298, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Anil Arya & Brian Mittendorf & Dae-Hee Yoon, 2008. "Friction in Related-Party Trade When a Rival Is Also a Customer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(11), pages 1850-1860, November.
- Abreu, Dilip, 1988. "On the Theory of Infinitely Repeated Games with Discounting," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 383-396, March.
- Goolsbee, Austan & Maydew, Edward L., 2000.
"Coveting thy neighbor's manufacturing: the dilemma of state income apportionment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 125-143, January.
- Austan Goolsbee & Edward L. Maydew, 1998. "Coveting Thy Neighbor's Manuafacturing: The Dilemma of State Income Apportionment," NBER Working Papers 6614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laixun Zhao, 2000. "Decentralization and Transfer Pricing Under Oligopoly," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 414-426, July.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1984. "The Fat-Cat Effect, the Puppy-Dog Ploy, and the Lean and Hungry Look," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 361-366, May.
- Charles E. Hyde & Chongwoo Choe, 2005. "Keeping Two Sets of Books: The Relationship Between Tax and Incentive Transfer Prices," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 165-186, March.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, 1991. "The effects of product differentiation on collusive pricing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 453-469, September.
- Bernheim, B. Douglas & Peleg, Bezalel & Whinston, Michael D., 1987. "Coalition-Proof Nash Equilibria I. Concepts," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Kant, Chander, 1990. "Multinational firms and government revenues," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 135-147, July.
- Giovanni Maggi, 1999. "The Role of Multilateral Institutions in International Trade Cooperation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 190-214, March.
- Gordon, Roger H & Wilson, John Douglas, 1986. "An Examination of Multijurisdictional Corporate Income Taxation under Formula Apportionment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1357-1373, November.
- Chongwoo Choe & Charles E. Hyde, 2007. "Multinational Transfer Pricing, Tax Arbitrage and the Arm's Length Principle," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(263), pages 398-404, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kendall, Graham & Lenten, Liam J.A., 2017. "When sports rules go awry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(2), pages 377-394.
- Hayato Kato & Hirofumi Okoshi, 2017. "Production Location of Multinational Firms under Transfer Pricing: The Impact of the Arm's Length Principle," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2017-016, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Lemus Torres, Ana Belén, 2011. "Strategic incentives for kepping one set of books under the Arm's Length Principle," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1135, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
More about this item
KeywordsTransfer price; arm’s length principle; tacit collusion; stability of collusion.;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-04-03 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2012-04-03 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2012-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.