Selling Goods of Unknown Quality: Forward versus Spot Auctions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Isa Hafalir & Hadi Yektaş, 2011. "Selling goods of unknown quality: forward versus spot auctions," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 15(3), pages 245-256, September.
- Hafalir, Isa E. & Yektas, Hadi, 2010. "Selling Goods of Unknown Quality: Forward versus Spot Auctions," MPRA Paper 19956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shimon Kogan & John Morgan, 2010.
"Securities Auctions under Moral Hazard: An Experimental Study,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 14(3), pages 477-520.
- Shimon Kogan & John Morgan, "undated". "Securities Auctions under Moral Hazard: An Experimental Study," GSIA Working Papers 2006-E23, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Tanga McDaniel & Neuhoff, K., 2002. "Auctions to gas transmission access: The British experience," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0234, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Matthews, Steven, 1987.
"Comparing Auctions for Risk Averse Buyers: A Buyer's Point of View,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 633-646, May.
- Steven A. Matthews, 1985. "Comparing Auctions for Risk Averse Buyers: A Buyer's Pointof View," Discussion Papers 664R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Gregory Lewis, 2011. "Asymmetric Information, Adverse Selection and Online Disclosure: The Case of eBay Motors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1535-1546, June.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- Owen Phillips & Dale Menkhaus & Joseph Krogmeier, 2001. "Laboratory Behavior in Spot and Forward Auction Markets," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 4(3), pages 243-256, December.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1991. "Loss Aversion in Riskless Choice: A Reference-Dependent Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1039-1061.
- Maskin, Eric S & Riley, John G, 1984. "Optimal Auctions with Risk Averse Buyers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1473-1518, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cadsby, C. Bram & Du, Ninghua & Wang, Ruqu & Zhang, Jun, 2016.
"Goodwill Can Hurt: A theoretical and experimental investigation of return policies in auctions,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 224-238.
- C. Bram Cadsby & Ninghua Du & Ruqu Wang & Jun Zhang, 2015. "Goodwill Can Hurt: a Theoretical and Experimental Investigation of Return Policies in Auctions," Working Papers 1501, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
KeywordsForward Trading; Forward Auctions; Spot Auctions;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:1091. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dandapani Lokanathan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .