Capital risk and models of investment behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Majd, Saman & Pindyck, Robert S., 1987.
"Time to build, option value, and investment decisions,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 7-27, March.
- Saman Majd & Robert S. Pindyck, 1985. "Time to Build, Option Value, and Investment Decisions," NBER Working Papers 1654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1984. "Risk, Inflation, and the Stock Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 335-351, June.
- Fischer, Stanley & Merton, Robert C., 1984.
"Macroeconomics and finance: The role of the stock market,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-108, January.
- Stanley Fischer & Robert C. Merton, 1984. "Macroeconomics and Finance: The Role of the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 1291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1980. "Energy Price Increases and Macroeconomic Policy," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-20.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Cyclical Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(1), pages 85-106.
- Cukierman, Alex, 1980. "The Effects of Uncertainty on Investment under Risk Neutrality with Endogenous Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 462-475, June.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988.
"Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-985, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm," Working papers 1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Evans, Paul, 1984. "The Effects on Output of Money Growth and Interest Rate Volatility in the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 204-222, April.
- Abel, Andrew B & Blanchard, Olivier J, 1986.
"The Present Value of Profits and Cyclical Movements in Investment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 249-273, March.
- Andrew B. Abel & Olivier J. Blanchard, 1983. "The Present Value of Profits and Cyclical Movements in Investment," NBER Working Papers 1122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Investment: A q-Theory Approach," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 67-140.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice and the Value of the Firm," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275412, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- John A. Tatom, 1984. "Interest rate variability: its link to the variability of monetary growth and economic performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 31-47.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-552, September.
- McDonald, Robert L & Siegel, Daniel R, 1985. "Investment and the Valuation of Firms When There Is an Option to Shut Down," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(2), pages 331-349, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carruth, Alan & Dickerson, Andrew & Henley, Andrew, 2000.
" What Do We Know about Investment under Uncertainty?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 119-153, April.
- Alan Carruth & Andy Dickerson & Andrew Henley, 1998. "What Do We Know About Investment Under Uncertainty?," Studies in Economics 9804, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Giovannoni, Francesco & de Dios Tena, Juan, 2008.
"Market concentration, macroeconomic uncertainty and monetary policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 1097-1123, August.
- Juan de Dios Tena & Francesco Giovannoni, 2005. "Market Concentration, Macroeconomic Uncertainty and Monetary Policy," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 05/576, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:00e44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bo, Hong & Sterken, Elmer, 2002. "Volatility of the interest rate, debt and firm investment: Dutch evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 179-193, March.
- Bo, H. & Lensink, R., 2000. "Is the investment-uncertainty relationship non-linear? : an emperical [i.e. empirical] analysis for the Netherlands," Research Report 00E44, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Schill, Michael J., 2004. "Sailing in rough water: market volatility and corporate finance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 659-681, November.
- Mansor Ibrahim & Abdullahi Ahmed, 2013. "Stock Market and Aggregate Investment Behavior in Malaysia: An Empirical Analysis," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 20(2), pages 265-284, October.
- Folta, Timothy B. & Johnson, Douglas R. & O'Brien, Jonathan, 2006. "Uncertainty, irreversibility, and the likelihood of entry: An empirical assessment of the option to defer," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 432-452, November.
- Robert Lensink & Paul Steen & Elmer Sterken, 2005. "Uncertainty and Growth of the Firm," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 381-391, May.
More about this item
KeywordsHD28 .M414 no.1819-; 86;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mit:sloanp:2151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssmitus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.