The RES-induced Switching Effect Across Fossil Fuels: An Analysis of the Italian Day-Ahead and Balancing Prices and Their Connected Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur Henriot, 2014. "Market Design with Centralized Wind Power Management: Handling Low-predictability in Intraday Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Gianfreda, Angelica & Grossi, Luigi, 2012.
"Forecasting Italian electricity zonal prices with exogenous variables,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2228-2239.
- Angelica Gianfreda & Luigi Grossi, 2011. "Forecasting Italian Electricity Zonal Prices with Exogenous Variables," Working Papers 01/2011, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Chaves-Ávila, J.P. & Fernandes, C., 2015. "The Spanish intraday market design: A successful solution to balance renewable generation?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 422-432.
- Ketterer, Janina C., 2014.
"The impact of wind power generation on the electricity price in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 270-280.
- Janina Ketterer, 2012. "The Impact of Wind Power Generation on the Electricity Price in Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 143, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Fernandes, Camila & Frías, Pablo & Reneses, Javier, 2016. "Participation of intermittent renewable generators in balancing mechanisms: A closer look into the Spanish market design," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 305-316.
- Clò, Stefano & D'Adamo, Gaetano, 2015. "The dark side of the sun: How solar power production affects the market value of solar and gas sources," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 523-530.
- Bottazzi, G. & Sapio, S. & Secchi, A., 2005.
"Some statistical investigations on the nature and dynamics of electricity prices,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 355(1), pages 54-61.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Sandro Sapio & Angelo Secchi, 2004. "Some Statistical Investigations on the Nature and Dynamics of Electricity Prices," LEM Papers Series 2004/13, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Angelica Gianfreda, Lucia Parisio and Matteo Pelagatti, 2016. "The Impact of RES in the Italian DayAhead and Balancing Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Bollino-M).
- Newbery, David & Strbac, Goran & Viehoff, Ivan, 2016.
"The benefits of integrating European electricity markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 253-263.
- David Newbery & Goran Strbac & Ivan Viehoff, 2015. "The benefits of integrating European electricity markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1509, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Sapio, Alessandro, 2015. "The effects of renewables in space and time: A regime switching model of the Italian power price," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 487-499.
- Simona Bigerna, Carlo Andrea Bollino and Paolo Polinori, 2016. "Renewable Energy and Market Power in the Italian Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Bollino-M).
- Bruno Bosco & Lucia Parisio & Matteo Pelagatti & Fabio Baldi, 2010. "Long-run relations in european electricity prices," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 805-832.
- Gianfreda, Angelica & Parisio, Lucia & Pelagatti, Matteo, 2016. "Revisiting long-run relations in power markets with high RES penetration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 432-445.
- Hirth, Lion & Ziegenhagen, Inka, 2015. "Balancing power and variable renewables: Three links," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1035-1051.
- Brijs, Tom & De Vos, Kristof & De Jonghe, Cedric & Belmans, Ronnie, 2015. "Statistical analysis of negative prices in European balancing markets," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 53-60.
- Johannes Mauritzen, 2013. "Dead Battery? Wind Power, the Spot Market, and Hydropower Interaction in the Nordic Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Mulder, Machiel & Scholtens, Bert, 2013. "The impact of renewable energy on electricity prices in the Netherlands," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 94-100.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; Natural Gas; Coal; Oil; Cointegration; Balancing Costs;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2017-02-12 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-02-12 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpmibit.html .