The RES-induced Switching Effect Across Fossil Fuels: An Analysis of the Italian Day-Ahead and Balancing Prices and Their Connected Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur Henriot, 2014. "Market Design with Centralized Wind Power Management: Handling Low-predictability in Intraday Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Simona Bigerna, Carlo Andrea Bollino and Paolo Polinori, 2016. "Renewable Energy and Market Power in the Italian Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Bollino-M).
- Bruno Bosco & Lucia Parisio & Matteo Pelagatti & Fabio Baldi, 2010. "Long-run relations in european electricity prices," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 805-832.
- Gianfreda, Angelica & Grossi, Luigi, 2012.
"Forecasting Italian electricity zonal prices with exogenous variables,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2228-2239.
- Angelica Gianfreda & Luigi Grossi, 2011. "Forecasting Italian Electricity Zonal Prices with Exogenous Variables," Working Papers 01/2011, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Chaves-Ávila, J.P. & Fernandes, C., 2015. "The Spanish intraday market design: A successful solution to balance renewable generation?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 422-432.
- Gianfreda, Angelica & Parisio, Lucia & Pelagatti, Matteo, 2016. "Revisiting long-run relations in power markets with high RES penetration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 432-445.
- Ketterer, Janina C., 2014.
"The impact of wind power generation on the electricity price in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 270-280.
- Janina Ketterer, 2012. "The Impact of Wind Power Generation on the Electricity Price in Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 143, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Newbery, David & Strbac, Goran & Viehoff, Ivan, 2016.
"The benefits of integrating European electricity markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 253-263.
- David Newbery & Goran Strbac & Ivan Viehoff, 2015. "The benefits of integrating European electricity markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1509, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Fernandes, Camila & Frías, Pablo & Reneses, Javier, 2016. "Participation of intermittent renewable generators in balancing mechanisms: A closer look into the Spanish market design," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 305-316.
- Hirth, Lion & Ziegenhagen, Inka, 2015. "Balancing power and variable renewables: Three links," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1035-1051.
- Brijs, Tom & De Vos, Kristof & De Jonghe, Cedric & Belmans, Ronnie, 2015. "Statistical analysis of negative prices in European balancing markets," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 53-60.
- Johannes Mauritzen, 2013. "Dead Battery? Wind Power, the Spot Market, and Hydropower Interaction in the Nordic Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Clò, Stefano & D'Adamo, Gaetano, 2015. "The dark side of the sun: How solar power production affects the market value of solar and gas sources," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 523-530.
- Bottazzi, G. & Sapio, S. & Secchi, A., 2005.
"Some statistical investigations on the nature and dynamics of electricity prices,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 355(1), pages 54-61.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Sandro Sapio & Angelo Secchi, 2004. "Some Statistical Investigations on the Nature and Dynamics of Electricity Prices," LEM Papers Series 2004/13, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Angelica Gianfreda, Lucia Parisio and Matteo Pelagatti, 2016. "The Impact of RES in the Italian DayAhead and Balancing Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Bollino-M).
- Mulder, Machiel & Scholtens, Bert, 2013. "The impact of renewable energy on electricity prices in the Netherlands," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 94-100.
- Sapio, Alessandro, 2015. "The effects of renewables in space and time: A regime switching model of the Italian power price," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 487-499.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; Natural Gas; Coal; Oil; Cointegration; Balancing Costs;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2017-02-12 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-02-12 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpmibit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.