Comments and Critics on the Discrepancies between the Oslo Manual and the Community Innovation Surveys in Developed and Developing Countries
This study aims to investigate how successful Community Innovation Survey (CIS) is in reflecting main concerns of measuring innovation stated in the Oslo Manual. Although this survey has been widely applied throughout the European countries since 1992, the discussions over its suitability as a reliable tool to measure innovation along different cultures of innovativeness still remain. Motivated by the arguments on the reliability of CIS as a tool to measure innovation and its conformity to the guidelines of the Oslo Manual, this paper reviews and discusses these arguments in a broader context and presents the implications of possible problems that arise due to these discrepancies in the case of a developing country, namely, Turkey.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2009|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ankara 06531|
Phone: +90 (312) 210 2003
Fax: (312) 210 1244
Web page: http://www.stps.metu.edu.tr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gallouj, Faiz & Weinstein, Olivier, 1997.
"Innovation in services,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 537-556, December.
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & ter Weel, Bas, 2010.
"Systems of Innovation,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & Weel, Bas ter, 2009. "Systems of Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 062, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bas ter Weel & L. Soete & B. Verspagen, 2010. "Systems of innovation," CPB Discussion Paper 138, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Eric von Hippel, 1986. "Lead Users: A Source of Novel Product Concepts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(7), pages 791-805, July.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 1999.
"Services and the search for relevant innovation indicators: a review of national and international surveys,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 218-232, August.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 1999. "Services and the search for relevant innovation indicators: a review of national and international surveys," Post-Print halshs-01133132, HAL.
- Godin, Benoit, 2007. "Science, accounting and statistics: The input-output framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1388-1403, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:met:stpswp:0902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Semih Akcomak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.