An Empirical Study of Price Dispersion in Homogenous Goods Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morgan, John & Orzen, Henrik & Sefton, Martin, 2006. "An experimental study of price dispersion," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 134-158, January.
- Steven Salop & Joseph Stiglitz, 1977.
"Bargains and Ripoffs: A Model of Monopolistically Competitive Price Dispersion,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 493-510.
- Steven C. Salop & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1977. "Bargains and ripoffs: a model of monopolistically competitive price dispersion," Special Studies Papers 94, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Varian, Hal R, 1980. "A Model of Sales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 651-659, September.
- Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 1988. "Competitive Promotional Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 427-449, October.
- Steven Salop, 1977. "The Noisy Monopolist: Imperfect Information, Price Dispersion and Price Discrimination," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 393-406.
- Rosenthal, Robert W, 1980. "A Model in Which an Increase in the Number of Sellers Leads to a Higher Price," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1575-1579, September.
- Alan T. Sorensen, 2000. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion in Retail Markets for Prescription Drugs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 833-862, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Babecký & Fabrizio Coricelli & Roman Horváth, 2009.
"Assessing Inflation Persistence: Micro Evidence on an Inflation Targeting Economy,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 59(2), pages 102-127, June.
- Jan Babecky & Fabrizio Coricelli & Roman Horvath, 2008. "Assessing Inflation Persistence: Micro Evidence on an Inflation Targeting Economy," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp353, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Ian Babetskii & Fabrizio Coricelli & Roman Horvath, 2009. "Assessing Inflation Persistence: Micro Evidence on an Inflation Targeting Economy," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00643340, HAL.
- Babecký, Jan & Coricelli, Fabrizio & Horváth, Roman, 2009. "Assessing Inflation Persistence: Micro Evidence on an Inflation Targeting Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7268, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:37-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabrizio Coricelli & Roman Horváth, 2010.
"Price setting and market structure: an empirical analysis of micro data in Slovakia,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(2-3), pages 209-233.
- Roman Horvath & Fabrizio Coricelli, 2010. "Price setting and market structure: an empirical analysis of micro data in Slovakia," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00643319, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsE-commerce; Internet marketing; Price dispersion; Signaling; Search Cost; Gatekeepers; Regression and other statistical techniques JEL Classification: L81; L86; L11;
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-09-09 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2007-09-09 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-09-09 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mdl:mdlpap:0710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.