Equilibrium Price Dispersion in Retail Markets for Prescription Drugs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Miguel Villas‐Boas, 1995. "Models of Competitive Price Promotions: Some Empirical Evidence from the Coffee and Saltine Crackers Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 85-107, March.
- Carlson, John A & McAfee, R Preston, 1983. "Discrete Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 480-493, June.
- Benabou Roland, 1993.
"Search Market Equilibrium, Bilateral Heterogeneity, and Repeat Purchases,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 140-158, June.
- Benabou, Roland, 1988. "Search market equilibrium bilateral heterogeneity and repeat purchases," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8806, CEPREMAP.
- Salop, S & Stiglitz, J E, 1982. "The Theory of Sales: A Simple Model of Equilibrium Price Dispersion with Identical Agents," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1121-1130, December.
- Stahl, Dale O, II, 1989. "Oligopolistic Pricing with Sequential Consumer Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 700-712, September.
- John W. Pratt & David A. Wise & Richard Zeckhauser, 1979. "Price Differences in almost Competitive Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(2), pages 189-211.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Judd, Kenneth L, 1983. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 955-969, July.
- Villas-Boas, J Miguel, 1995. "Models of Competitive Price Promotions: Some Empirical Evidence from the Coffee and Saltine Crackers Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 85-107, Spring.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Barron, John M. & Taylor, Beck A. & Umbeck, John R., 2004. "Number of sellers, average prices, and price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1041-1066, November.
- Burdett, Ken & Smith, Eric, 2010.
"Price distributions and competition,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 180-183, March.
- Kenneth Burdett & Eric Smith, 2009. "Price distributions and competition," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2009-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2009. "Milk Retail Sales Patterns in a Transition Economy. The Case of Hungary," 83rd Annual Conference, March 30 - April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland 50932, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Anania, Giovanni & Nisticò, Rosanna, 2014. "Price dispersion and seller heterogeneity in retail food markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 190-201.
- Anania, Giovanni & Nistico, Rosanna, 2012. "Price dispersion, search costs and consumers and sellers heterogeneity in retail food markets," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125594, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan & Patrick Scholten, 2004. "Temporal Price Dispersion: Evidence from an Online Consumer Electronics Market," Working Papers 2004-04, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Allender, William, 2016.
"Search and price dispersion in online grocery markets,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 255-281.
- Timothy Richards & Stephen Hamilton & William Allender, 2015. "Search and Price Dispersion in Online Grocery markets," Working Papers 1504, California Polytechnic State University, Department of Economics.
- J. Rupert Gatti, 2000. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion with Sequential Search," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1368, Econometric Society.
- Giovanni Anania & Rosanna Nisticò, 2011. "Price Dispersion, Search Costs And Consumers And Sellers Heterogeneity In Retail Food Markets," Working Papers 201105, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan & Patrick Scholten, 2006.
"Persistent Price Dispersion in Online Markets,"
Chapters, in: Dennis W. Jansen (ed.), The New Economy and Beyond, chapter 6,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan & Patrick Scholten, 2006. "Persistent Price Dispersion in Online Markets," Working Papers 2006-12, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- ANDERSON, Simon & de PALMA, André, 2003.
LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE
2003032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simon P. Anderson & André de Palma, 2003. "Price Dispersion," Virginia Economics Online Papers 361, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Jason R. Blevins & Garrett T. Senney, 2019.
"Dynamic selection and distributional bounds on search costs in dynamic unit‐demand models,"
Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 10(3), pages 891-929, July.
- Jason R. Blevins & Garrett T. Senney, 2014. "Dynamic Selection and Distributional Bounds on Search Costs in Dynamic Unit-Demand Models," Working Papers 14-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Rauh, Michael T., 2009.
"Strategic complementarities and search market equilibrium,"
Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 959-978, July.
- Michael T. Rauh, 2006. "Strategic Complementarities and Search Market Equilibrium," Working Papers 2006-01, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Aalto-Setälä Ville, 2003. "Explaining Price Dispersion for Homogeneous Grocery Products," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2002.
"Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 481-507, June.
- Brown, Jeffrey, 2000. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry," Working Paper Series rwp00-007, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Sergey MALAKHOV, 2016.
"Law of One Price and Optimal Consumption-Leisure Choice Under Price Dispersion,"
Expert Journal of Economics, Sprint Investify, vol. 4(1), pages 1-8.
- Malakhov, Sergey, 2015. "Law of one price and optimal consumption-leisure choice under price dispersion," MPRA Paper 65273, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maarten C. W. Janssen & José Luis Moraga-González & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2004.
"Consumer Search and Oligopolistic Pricing: An Empirical Investigation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Jose Luis Moraga-Gonzalez & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2004. "Consumer Search and Oligopolistic Pricing: An Empirical Investigation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-071/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Alfredo Martin-Oliver & Vicente Salas-Fumas & Jesús Saurina, 2008.
"Search Cost and Price Dispersion in Vertically Related Markets: The Case of Bank Loans and Deposits,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 33(4), pages 297-323, December.
- Alfredo Martín-Oliver & Vicente Salas-Fumás & Jesús Saurina, 2008. "Search cost and price dispersion in vertically related markets: the case of bank loans and deposits," Working Papers 0825, Banco de España.
- José Tudón, 2021. "Can price dispersion be supported solely by information frictions?," Economic Theory Bulletin, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(1), pages 75-90, April.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Michael D. Smith, 2000.
"Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 563-585, April.
- Michael Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999. "Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1022, Society for Computational Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:108:y:2000:i:4:p:833-862. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.