Live and Dead Issues in the Methodology of Economics
We attempt to clarify divisions made by us in previous work (Colander et al., 2004a,b) between “orthodox, mainstream, and heterodox” in economics, following very useful remarks in Dequech (2007), whom we thank. We also provide specific advice for heterodox economists, namely: worry less about methodology, focus on being economists first and heterodox economists second, and prepare ideas to leave the incubator of heterodoxy to enter the mainstream economic debate.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Colander, David, 2000.
"The Death of Neoclassical Economics,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 127-143, June.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2000.
"What do we know about Macroeconomics that Fisher and Wicksell did not?,"
NBER Working Papers
7550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2000. "What Do We Know About Macroeconomics That Fisher And Wicksell Did Not?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1375-1409, November.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521865487 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Dequech, 2007.
"Neoclassical, Mainstream, Orthodox, And Heterodox Economics,"
Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
043, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- David Dequech, 2007. "Neoclassical, mainstream, orthodox, and heterodox economics," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 30(2), pages 279-302, December.
- R. Koppl, 2006. "Austrian economics at the cutting edge," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 231-241, December.
- David Colander & Richard Holt & Barkley Rosser, 2004.
"The changing face of mainstream economics,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 485-499.
- David Colander, 2003. "Post Walrasian Macroeconomics and Heterodoxy : Thinking Outside the Heterodox Box," International Journal of Political Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 33(2), pages 68-81, June.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521858557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blume, Lawrence E. & Durlauf, Steven N., 2005. "The Economy As an Evolving Complex System III: Current Perspectives and Future Directions," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195162592, March.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2006. "Complex Dynamics and Post Keynesian Economics," Chapters, in: Complexity, Endogenous Money and Macroeconomic Theory, chapter 4 Edward Elgar.
- Tony Lawson, 2006. "The nature of heterodox economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 483-505, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521684200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davis, John B., 2006. "The turn in economics: neoclassical dominance to mainstream pluralism?," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 1-20, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mdl:mdlpap:0704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vijaya Wunnava)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.