Trade Liberalization in T&C: An Overview of the Welfare Effects
This paper examines the effects of trade liberalization on cotton-yarn producer’s welfare in Greece, Portugal, Spain and Turkey. We perform a comparative analysis of the price-induced welfare effects using multi-market theory, a single-market approach and bootstrapping techniques. Results show that after the 1995 implementation of the plan for the gradual elimination of quotas (Agreement on Textiles and Clothing, ATC, 1995-2005) producers in all four countries suffered substantial welfare losses.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dimitrios, Dadakas & Stelios, Katranidis D., 2006.
"The Effects of Trade Liberalization in Textiles and Clothing on the Greek Market for Cotton Yarn: A Multi-Market Analysis,"
2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia
25779, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dimitrios Dadakas & Stelios D. Katranidis, 2010. "The Effects of Trade Liberalization in Textiles and Clothing on the Greek Market for Cotton Yarn: A Multi-Market Analysis," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 138-152, 02.
- Stelios D. Katranidis & Elisavet I. Nitsi & David S. Bullock, 2005. "The effects of EU corn, cotton, and sugar beet policies on Greek producers: a multimarket analysis," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(s3), pages 423-430, November.
- Dimitrios Dadakas & Stelios Katranidis, 2008. "Single Versus Multi-market Approach: An Application to the Greek Cotton Market," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(4), pages 469-481, December.
- Jeong, Kyeong-Soo & Garcia, Philip & Bullock, David S., 2003. "A statistical method of multi-market welfare analysis applied to Japanese beef policy liberalization," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 237-256, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcd:mcddps:2009_15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theodore Panagiotidis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.