Adaptation vs. climate protection: Responses to climate change and policy preferences of individuals in China, Germany, and the USA
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rübbelke, Dirk T.G., 2011.
"International support of climate change policies in developing countries: Strategic, moral and fairness aspects,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1470-1480, June.
- Dirk Rübbelke, 2011. "International Support of Climate Change Policies in Developing Countries: Strategic, Moral and Fairness Aspects," Working Papers 2011-02, BC3.
- Alan Ingham & Jie Ma & Alistair Ulph, 2013. "Can adaptation and mitigation be complements?," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 39-53, September.
- Hoel, Michael, 1991.
"Global environmental problems: The effects of unilateral actions taken by one country,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Hoel, M., 1989. "Global Environmental Problems: The Effects Of Unilateral Actions Taken By One Country," Memorandum 11/1989, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Onuma, Ayumi & Arino, Yosuke, 2011. "Greenhouse gas emission, mitigation and innovation of adaptation technology in a North–South economy," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(06), pages 639-656, December.
- Ingham, Alan & Ma, Jie & Ulph, Alistair, 2007. "Climate change, mitigation and adaptation with uncertainty and learning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5354-5369, November.
- Buob, Seraina & Stephan, Gunter, 2011. "To mitigate or to adapt: How to confront global climate change," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Heike Auerswald & Kai A. Konrad & Marcel Thum, 2011. "Adaptation, Mitigation and Risk-Taking in Climate Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 3320, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cicchetti, Charles J & Dubin, Jeffrey A, 1994. "A Microeconometric Analysis of Risk Aversion and the Decision to Self-Insure," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 169-186, February.
- Lakdawalla, Darius & Zanjani, George, 2005.
"Insurance, self-protection, and the economics of terrorism,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1891-1905, September.
- Darius Lakdawalla & George Zanjani, 2002. "Insurance, Self-Protection, and the Economics of Terrorism," NBER Working Papers 9215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stine Aakre & Dirk Rubbelke, 2010. "Objectives of public economic policy and the adaptation to climate change," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(6), pages 767-791.
- Hirshleifer, J & Riley, John G, 1979.
"The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information-An Expository Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1375-1421, December.
- Jack Hirshleifer & John G. Riley, 1979. "The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information- An Expository Survey," UCLA Economics Working Papers 159, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Udo Ebert & Heinz Welsch, 2012.
"Adaptation and Mitigation in Global Pollution Problems: Economic Impacts of Productivity, Sensitivity, and Adaptive Capacity,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(1), pages 49-64, May.
- Udo Ebert & Heinz Welsch, 2011. "Adaptation and Mitigation in Global Pollution Problems: Economic Impacts of Productivity, Sensitivity and Adaptive Capacity," Working Papers V-332-11, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2011.
- Hasson, Reviva & Löfgren, Åsa & Visser, Martine, 2010.
"Climate change in a public goods game: Investment decision in mitigation versus adaptation,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 331-338, December.
- Hasson, Reviva & Löfgren, Åsa & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Climate Change in a Public Goods Game: Investment Decision in Mitigation versus Adaptation," Working Papers in Economics 416, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Hasson, Reviva & Löfgren, Åsa & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Climate Change in a Public Goods Game: Investment Decision in Mitigation versus Adaptation," Discussion Papers dp-09-23-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Lewis, Tracy & Nickerson, David, 1989. "Self-insurance against natural disasters," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-223, May.
- Nicholas Stern, 2008. "The Economics of Climate Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 1-37, May.
- Rob Swart & Frank Raes, 2007. "Making integration of adaptation and mitigation work: mainstreaming into sustainable development policies?," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 288-303, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Björn Kauder & Niklas Potrafke & Heinrich Ursprung, 2016.
"Behavioral Determinants of Proclaimed Support for Environment Protection Policies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5993, CESifo Group Munich.
- Björn Kauder & Niklas Potrafke & Heinrich Ursprung, 2018. "Behavioral determinants of proclaimed support for environment protection policies," ifo Working Paper Series 254, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsAdaptation; climate protection; climate change; policy preferences;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2015-01-26 (China)
- NEP-ENV-2015-01-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2015-01-26 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:201502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .