Transient and Chronic Rural Household Poverty: Evidence from Kenya
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Arabmazar, Abbas & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "An Investigation of the Robustness of the Tobit Estimator to Non-Normality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1055-1063, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1986. "Food Poverty Profile Applied to Kenyan Smallholders," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 115-141, October.
- Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1986. "A methodology for measuring food poverty applied to Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 59-74.
- Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2005. "Efficiency and Efficacy of Kenya's Constituency Development Fund: Theory and Evidence," Working papers 2005-42, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Radeny, Maren & van den Berg, Marrit & Schipper, Rob, 2012. "Rural Poverty Dynamics in Kenya: Structural Declines and Stochastic Escapes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1577-1593.
- Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad & Majbouri, Mehdi, 2013. "Mobility and the dynamics of poverty in Iran: Evidence from the 1992–1995 panel survey," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 257-267.
- Suri, Tavneet & Tschirley, David L. & Irungu, Charity & Gitau, Raphael & Kariuki, Daniel, 2008. "Rural Incomes, Inequality and Poverty Dynamics in Kenya," Working Papers 202613, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Mai, Tung & Mahadevan, Renuka, 2016. "A research note on the poverty dynamics and cost of poverty inequality: Case study of Indonesia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 100-107.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty dynamics; chronic poverty; transient poverty; transition matrices; panel data; inequality; Kenya;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-05-26 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2007-05-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-05-26 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:pmmacr:2007-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdvlvca.html .