Conceptual and Measurement Issues in Poverty Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin & Bidani, Benu, 1994. "How Robust Is a Poverty Profile?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(1), pages 75-102, January.
- Chris Elbers & Jan Willem Gunning, 2004. "Estimating Vulnerability," Development and Comp Systems 0408015, EconWPA.
- Tarp, Finn, et al, 2002.
"The Robustness of Poverty Profiles Reconsidered,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 77-108, October.
- Tarp, Finn & Simler, Kenneth & Matusse, Cristina & Heltberg, Rasmus & Dava, Gabriel, 2002. "The robustness of poverty profiles reconsidered," FCND briefs 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tarp, Finn & Simler, Kenneth & Matusse, Cristina & Heltberg, Rasmus & Dava, Gabriel, 2002. "The robustness of poverty profiles reconsidered," FCND discussion papers 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Christiaensen, Luc J.M. & Boisvert, Richard N., 2000. "On Measuring Household Food Vulnerability: Case Evidence from Northern Mali," Working Papers 127676, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Wood, Geof, 2003. "Staying Secure, Staying Poor: The "Faustian Bargain"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 455-471, March.
- Ravi Kanbur & Diganta Mukherjee, 2007.
"Premature Mortality And Poverty Measurement,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 339-359, October.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2003. "Premature Mortality And Poverty Measurement," Working Papers 127197, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Diganta Mukherji, 2006. "Premature Mortality and Poverty Measurement," Working Papers id:707, eSocialSciences.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2003. "Premature mortality and poverty measurement," ISER Working Paper Series 2003-06, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ethan Ligon & Laura Schechter, 2003.
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 95-102, March.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19899, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ligon, Ethan & Laura Schechter, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 128, Royal Economic Society.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- McCulloch, Neil & Calandrino, Michele, 2003. "Vulnerability and Chronic Poverty in Rural Sichuan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 611-628, March.
- Mckay, Andrew & Lawson, David, 2003. "Assessing the Extent and Nature of Chronic Poverty in Low Income Countries: Issues and Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 425-439, March.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew, 2003. "Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 403-423, March.
- Gaiha, Raghav & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1993. "Persistent, Expected and Innate Poverty: Estimates for Semi-arid Rural South India, 1975-1984," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 409-421, December.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1998. "Determinants of transient and chronic poverty : evidence from rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1936, The World Bank.
- Christian Morrisson, 2002. "Health, Education and Poverty Reduction," OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs 19, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik, 2006. "Channels and policy debate in the globalization-inequality-poverty nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1338-1360, August.
- James Foster & Joel Greer & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "The Foster–Greer–Thorbecke (FGT) poverty measures: 25 years later," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(4), pages 491-524, December.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2006. "Poverty Accounting by Factor Components: With an Empirical Illustration Using Chinese Data," WIDER Working Paper Series 063, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Daisy Das & Ratul Mahanta, 2015. "Vulnerability to Poverty: A Survey," Working Papers 1504, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Hojman, Daniel Andres & Kast, Felipe, 2009. "On the Measurement of Poverty Dynamics," Scholarly Articles 4449107, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Machiko Nissanke & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "Channels and Policy Debate in the Globalization-Inequality-Poverty Nexus," Working Papers id:3224, eSocialSciences.
- Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik, 2005. "Channels and Policy Debate in the Globalization-Inequality-Poverty Nexus," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2005/08, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Channing Arndt & Kristi Mahrt & Finn Tarp, 2016. "Absolute poverty lines," WIDER Working Paper Series 008, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; vulnerability; inequality; measuring human well-being;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2004-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.