Hurricane Insurance in Florida
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2009. "Hurricane Insurance in Florida," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 09.01, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2009. "Hurricane Insurance in Florida," CESifo Working Paper Series 2768, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dwight M. Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1996. "Catastrophe Insurance, Capital Markets and Uninsurable Risks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2005.
"Assessing the Efficiency of an Insurance Provider—A Measurement Error Approach,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 30(1), pages 15-34, June.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas Ungern-Sternberg, 2005. "Assessing the Efficiency of an Insurance Provider—A Measurement Error Approach," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 30(1), pages 15-34, June.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2003. "Assessing the Efficiency of an Insurance Provider - A Measurement Error Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 928, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mario JAMETTI & Thomas VON UNGERN-STERNBERG, 2003. "Assessing the Efficiency of an Insurance Provider - A Measurement Error Approach," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 03.05, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Michael Keen & Paul K. Freeman & Muthukumara Mani, 2003. "Dealing with Increased Risk of Natural Disasters; Challenges and Options," IMF Working Papers 03/197, International Monetary Fund.
- Christian Gollier, 2005. "Some Aspects of the Economics of Catastrophe Risk Insurance," CESifo Working Paper Series 1409, CESifo Group Munich.
- von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas, 2004. "Efficient Monopolies: The Limits of Competition in the European Property Insurance Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199268818.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Hurricane insurance needs to be government run
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2009-09-25 19:08:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1394-1400 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2010. "Risk Selection in Natural-Disaster Insurance," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(2), pages 344-364, June.
More about this item
KeywordsHurricane; Catastrophe Insurance; Regulation; Market Failure; Florida;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2009-08-22 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2009-08-22 (Risk Management)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lug:wpaper:0905. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessio Tutino). General contact details of provider: https://www.bul.sbu.usi.ch .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.