Proposal for a National Earthquake Insurance Programme for Greece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Froot, Kenneth A., 2001.
"The market for catastrophe risk: a clinical examination,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 529-571, May.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1999. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 7286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 2001. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 8110, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coate, Stephen, 1995. "Altruism, the Samaritan's Dilemma, and Government Transfer Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 46-57, March.
- Cassandra R. Cole & David A. Macpherson & Patrick F. Maroney & Kathleen A. McCullough & James W. (Jay) Newman, Jr & Charles Nyce, 2011. "The Use of Postloss Financing of Catastrophic Risk," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 265-298, September.
- Dwight M. Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1996. "Catastrophe Insurance, Capital Markets and Uninsurable Risks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Pierre Picard, 2008.
"Natural Disaster Insurance and the Equity-Efficiency Trade-Off,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(1), pages 17-38.
- Pierre Picard, 2005. "Natural disaster insurance and the equity-efficiency trade-off," Working Papers hal-00243028, HAL.
- Pierre Picard, 2008. "Natural Disaster Insurance and the Equity-Efficiency Trade-Off," Post-Print hal-00367094, HAL.
- Eugene Gurenko & Rodney Lester & Olivier Mahul & Serap Oguz Gonulal, 2006. "Earthquake Insurance in Turkey : History of the Turkish Catastrophe Insurance Pool," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7142, January.
- Nektarios Milton, 2011. "A Catastrophe Insurance System for the European Union," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-22, July.
- J. David Cummins, 2006. "Should the government provide insurance for catastrophes?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 337-380.
- Cummins, J. David & Doherty, Neil & Lo, Anita, 2002. "Can insurers pay for the "big one"? Measuring the capacity of the insurance market to respond to catastrophic losses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 557-583, March.
- Robert E. Litan & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2006. "Panel discussion: what is the appropriate role of the federal government in the private markets for credit and insurance? what is the outlook?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 387-396.
- Kunreuther, Howard, 1996. "Mitigating Disaster Losses through Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 171-187, May.
- J. David Cummins, 2008. "CAT Bonds and Other Risk-Linked Securities: State of the Market and Recent Developments," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Lewis, Tracy & Nickerson, David, 1989. "Self-insurance against natural disasters," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-223, May.
- Jaffee Dwight M & Russell Thomas, 2006. "Should Governments Provide Catastrophe Insurance?," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 3(5), pages 1-8, April.
- Howard Kunreuther & Mark Pauly, 2006. "Rules rather than discretion: Lessons from Hurricane Katrina," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 101-116, September.
- Howard Kunreuther & Mark Pauly, 2006. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: Lessons from Hurricane Katrina," NBER Working Papers 12503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Priest, George L, 1996. "The Government, the Market, and the Problem of Catastrophic Loss," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 219-237, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:gpprii:v:37:y:2012:i:2:p:377-400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.