Migration: a burden or a blessing for natives?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Miller & Ronald Lee, 2000. "Immigration, Social Security, and Broader Fiscal Impacts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 350-354, May.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 2000.
" Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 463-479, June.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1999. "Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State," NBER Working Papers 7013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E., 1999. "Unskilled Migration: a Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?," Papers 8-99, Tel Aviv.
- David Card, 2009.
"Immigration and Inequality,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1-21.
- David Card, 2009. "Immigration and Inequality," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0907, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- David Card, 2009. "Immigration and Inequality," NBER Working Papers 14683, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(2), pages 269-304, June.
- David E. Wildasin, 1994. "Income Redistribution and Migration," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 637-656, August.
- Fuest, Clemens & Thum, Marcel, 2000.
"Welfare effects of immigration in a dual labor market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 551-563, September.
- Clemens Fuest & Marcel Thum, 1999. "Welfare Effects of Immigration in a Dual Labor Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 215, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael, Michael S., 2003.
"International migration, income taxes and transfers: a welfare analysis,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 401-411, October.
- Michael S. Michael, 2002. "International Migration, Income Taxes and Transfers: A Welfare Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 780, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wilson, John Douglas & Wildasin, David E., 2004. "Capital tax competition: bane or boon," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 1065-1091, June.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June.
- George J. Borjas, 2003. "The Labor Demand Curve is Downward Sloping: Reexamining the Impact of Immigration on the Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1335-1374.
More about this item
Keywordsmigration; public goods; income taxes; labor market rigidities;
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2014-03-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-PBE-2014-03-22 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:luc:wpaper:14-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisa Ferreira) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crcrplu.html .