Detecting Hidden Violence: The Spatial Distribution of Excess Mortality in Rwanda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Restrepo, Jorge & Spagat, Michael & Vargas, Juan F, 2004.
"The Severity of the Colombian Conflict: Cross-Country Dataset versus New Micro Data,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4571, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jorge Restrepo & Michael Spagat & Juan F. Vargas, 2004. "The Severity of the Colombian Conflict: Cross-Country Datasets versus New Micro Data," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 04/23, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Sep 2004.
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1996.
"Income distribution, political instability, and investment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1203-1228, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1993. "Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 4486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:75-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marijke Verpoorten & Lode Berlage, 2007. "Economic Mobility in Rural Rwanda: A Study of the Effects of War and Genocide at the Household Level," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(3), pages 349-392, June.
- Li, Baibing & Martin, Elaine B. & Morris, A. Julian, 2002. "On principal component analysis in L1," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 471-474, September.
- Ward, Michael D. & Gleditsch, Kristian Skrede, 2002. "Location, Location, Location: An MCMC Approach to Modeling the Spatial Context of War and Peace," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 244-260, June.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_504_0331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perotti, Roberto & Alesina, Alberto, 1996. "Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment," Scholarly Articles 4553018, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Andre, Catherine & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1998. "Land relations under unbearable stress: Rwanda caught in the Malthusian trap," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-47, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Guariso & Marijke Verpoorten, 2013.
"Armed conflict and schooling in Rwanda: Digging deeper,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
34313, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Andrea Guariso & Marijke Verpoorten, 2015. "Armed conflict and schooling in Rwanda: Digging deeper," HiCN Working Papers 166, Households in Conflict Network.
- Bonnier, Evelina & Poulsen, Jonas & Rogall, Thorsten & Stryjan, Miri, 2015. "Preparing for Genocide: Community Work in Rwanda," Working Paper Series 2015:1, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Serneels , Pieter & Verpoorten , Marijke, 2012.
"The impact of armed conflict on economic performance. Evidence from Rwanda,"
NEPS Working Papers
5/2012, Network of European Peace Scientists.
- Serneels, Pieter & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2012. "The Impact of Armed Conflict on Economic Performance: Evidence from Rwanda," IZA Discussion Papers 6737, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pieter Serneels & Marijke Verpoorten, 2012. "The impact of armed conflict on economic performance: Evidence from Rwanda," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Verpoorten, Marijke, 2014. "Growth, poverty and inequality in Rwanda: A broad perspective," WIDER Working Paper Series 138, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bonnier, Evelina & Poulsen, Jonas & Rogall, Thorsten & Stryjan, Miri, 2015. "Preparing for Genocide: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Rwanda," SITE Working Paper Series 31, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, revised 10 Nov 2016.
- Verpoorten Marijke, 2012. "The Intensity of the Rwandan Genocide: Measures from the Gacaca Records," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 18(1), pages 1-26, April.
- Tilman Brück & Patricia Justino & Philip Verwimp & Andrew Tedesco & Alexandra Avdeenko, 2013. "Measuring Conflict Exposure in Micro-Level Surveys," HiCN Working Papers 153, Households in Conflict Network.
- Verpoorten, Marijke, 2011.
"Measure for measure: how well do we measure micro-level conflict intensity?,"
IOB Working Papers
2011.08, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2011. "Measure for Measure: How Well Do We Measure Micro-Level Conflict Intensity?," LICOS Discussion Papers 27511, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Giacomo De Luca & Marijke Verpoorten, 2011.
"From vice to virtue? Civil war and social capital in Uganda,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
29811, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Giacomo De Luca & Marijke Verpoorten, 2011. "From Vice to Virtue? Civil War and Social Capital in Uganda," HiCN Working Papers 111, Households in Conflict Network.
More about this item
Keywordsarmed conflict; genocide; excess mortality; Rwanda;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- Y80 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines - - - Related Disciplines
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-01-30 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-01-30 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2010-01-30 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2010-01-30 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lic:licosd:25410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/licosbe.html .