Hohe Einkommen: Eine Verteilungsanalyse für Freie Berufe, Unternehmer und abhängig Beschäftigte
The distribution of societal resources is of high societal, economic and social policy importance. What is missing are reliable data above all about high income. This study will contribute to a well-founded analysis of high income for self employed – as (liberal) professions and entrepreneurs – and as employees, central groups of the labour market and the society at all. Before the background of requirements to a database and given official and non-official data sources we characterize our microdata base, the wage and income tax statistic 1995, a population statistic , which in particular is well-suited for the analysis ogf high income. We describe the used economic income concept and our 10% sample with about 3 Million anonymized tax records. For the first time we then present distributional and re-distributional results based on all income areas and for alternative high income thresholds – millionares and 200% of the mean – for professions, entrepreneurs and employees.
|Date of creation:||May 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://ffb.uni-lueneburg.de/repec/leu/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markus M. Grabka, 2000. "Einkommensverteilung in Deutschland: stärkere Umverteilungseffekte in Ostdeutschland," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 67(19), pages 291-297.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-25, April.
- Sen, Amartya, 1979. " Issues in the Measurement of Poverty," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 285-307.
- Blackburn, McKinley L., 1989. "Interpreting the magnitude of changes in measures of income inequality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 21-25, September.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:leu:wpaper:40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Merz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.