What shapes farmers' attitudes towards agri-environmental payments : A case study in Lozere
Agri-environment schemes were introduced into the Common agricultural policy (CAP) in 1992 as a financial instrument to support farming practices contributing to protect the environment and to preserve natural resources. They are based on the voluntary provision of environmental services (above and beyond the regulatory duty of care level) by farmers on their private land in return for a compensatory payment by the EU and the member state. Agri-environmental measures are the object of a contract between individual farmers and the environmental service purchaser (the state or the environmental public authority), specifying the actions that should be undertaken, the contract length, the control method and the payments made to farmers.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2009|
|Date of revision:||Aug 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Raymond Dugrand, CS 79606, 34960 Montpellier Cedex 2|
Web page: http://www.lameta.univ-montp1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Louviere, J. & Willians, M., 1992.
"Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities,"
Staff Paper Series
232531, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Adamowicz W. & Louviere J. & Williams M., 1994. "Combining Revealed and Stated Preference Methods for Valuing Environmental Amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-292, May.
- Gerard Wynn & Bob Crabtree & Jacqueline Potts, 2001. "Modelling Farmer Entry into the Environmentally Sensitive Area Schemes in Scotland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 65-82.
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. " Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-62, July.
- Dupraz, Pierre & Vanslembrouck, Isabel & Bonnieux, François & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2002. "Farmers' Participation in European Agri-Environmental Policies," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24799, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Konow, James, 2001. "Fair and square: the four sides of distributive justice," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 137-164, October.
- Louviere, Jordan J., 1992. "Experimental choice analysis: Introduction and overview," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 89-95, March.
- Lionel Delvaux & Bruno Henry de Frahan & Pierre Dupraz & Dominique Vermersch, 1999. "Adoption d'une MAE et consentement à recevoir des agriculteurs en région wallone," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 249(1), pages 71-81.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lam:wpaper:09-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Modat)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.