Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2008. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: An application of Galois theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 603-612, July.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2006. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory," MPRA Paper 416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuelson, Paul A & Swamy, S, 1974. "Invariant Economic Index Numbers and Canonical Duality: Survey and Synthesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 566-593, September.
- Hulten, Charles R, 1973. "Divisia Index Numbers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1017-1025, November.
- Blackorby, Charles & Davidson, Russell & Schworm, William, 1991.
"Implicit separability: Characterisation and implications for consumer demands,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 364-399, December.
- Blackorby, C. & Davidson, R. & Schworm, W., 1990. "Implicit Separability: Characterisation And Implications For Consumer Demands," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90a16, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong & Sinclair, Tara M., 2003.
"The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(Supplemen), pages 1-6.
- William A. Barnett & Ke- Hong Choi & Tara M. Sinclair, 2001. "The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory," Econometrics 0111002, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Dec 2001.
- William Barnett & Ki-Hong Choi & Tara M. Sinclair, 2012. "The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201234, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Lau, Lawrence J, 1979. "On Exact Index Numbers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 73-82, February.
- Diewert, W E, 1992. "Exact and Superlative Welfare Change Indicators," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(4), pages 562-582, October.
- Theil, Henri, 1973. "A New Index Number Formula," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 498-502, November.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1978. "Superlative Index Numbers and Consistency in Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 883-900, July.
- Sato, Kazuo, 1976. "The Ideal Log-Change Index Number," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(2), pages 223-228, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2009.
"Harmonic symmetries of imperfect competition on circular city,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 124-146, January.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2006. "Harmonic Symmetries of Imperfect Competition on Circular City," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12551, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Thomas von Brasch & Diana-Cristina Iancu & Arvid Raknerud, 2018. "Productivity growth, firm turnover and new varieties," Discussion Papers 872, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Thomas von Brasch & Arvid Raknerud & Diana-Cristina Iancu, 2018. "Productivity growth, firm turnover and new varieties," Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) Discussion Papers ESCoE DP-2018-11, Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE).
- James J. Heckman & Apostolos Serletis, "undated". "Introduction to Internally Consistent Modeling, Aggregation, Inference, and Policy," Working Papers 2014-73, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 29 Sep 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsExact index numbers; superlative index number class; Divisia line integrals; aggregator function space; Galois theory.;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- D - Microeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kan:wpaper:200604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuksus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.