Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2008. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: An application of Galois theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 603-612, July.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2006. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory," MPRA Paper 416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blackorby, Charles & Davidson, Russell & Schworm, William, 1991.
"Implicit separability: Characterisation and implications for consumer demands,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 364-399, December.
- Blackorby, C. & Davidson, R. & Schworm, W., 1990. "Implicit Separability: Characterisation And Implications For Consumer Demands," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90a16, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Lau, Lawrence J, 1979. "On Exact Index Numbers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 73-82, February.
- Diewert, W E, 1992. "Exact and Superlative Welfare Change Indicators," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(4), pages 562-582, October.
- Theil, Henri, 1973. "A New Index Number Formula," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 498-502, November.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1978. "Superlative Index Numbers and Consistency in Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 883-900, July.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong & Sinclair, Tara M., 2003.
"The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35.
- William A. Barnett & Ke- Hong Choi & Tara M. Sinclair, 2001. "The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory," Econometrics 0111002, EconWPA, revised 28 Dec 2001.
- William Barnett & Ki-Hong Choi & Tara M. Sinclair, 2012. "The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201234, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Samuelson, Paul A & Swamy, S, 1974. "Invariant Economic Index Numbers and Canonical Duality: Survey and Synthesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 566-593, September.
- Hulten, Charles R, 1973. "Divisia Index Numbers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1017-1025, November.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Sato, Kazuo, 1976. "The Ideal Log-Change Index Number," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(2), pages 223-228, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James J. Heckman & Apostolos Serletis, "undated". "Introduction to Internally Consistent Modeling, Aggregation, Inference, and Policy," Working Papers 2014-73, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 29 Sep 2014.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2009.
"Harmonic symmetries of imperfect competition on circular city,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 124-146, January.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2006. "Harmonic Symmetries of Imperfect Competition on Circular City," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12551, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Thomas von Brasch & Diana-Cristina Iancu & Arvid Raknerud, 2018. "Productivity growth, firm turnover and new varieties," Discussion Papers 872, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsExact index numbers; superlative index number class; Divisia line integrals; aggregator function space; Galois theory.;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- D - Microeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-19 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kan:wpaper:200604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuksus.html .