Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2008. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: An application of Galois theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 603-612, July.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong, 2006. "Operational identification of the complete class of superlative index numbers: an application of Galois theory," MPRA Paper 416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blackorby, Charles & Davidson, Russell & Schworm, William, 1991.
"Implicit separability: Characterisation and implications for consumer demands,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 364-399, December.
- Blackorby, C. & Davidson, R. & Schworm, W., 1990. "Implicit Separability: Characterisation And Implications For Consumer Demands," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90a16, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Lau, Lawrence J, 1979. "On Exact Index Numbers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 73-82, February.
- Diewert, W E, 1992. "Exact and Superlative Welfare Change Indicators," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(4), pages 562-582, October.
- Theil, Henri, 1973. "A New Index Number Formula," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 498-502, November.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1978. "Superlative Index Numbers and Consistency in Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 883-900, July.
- Barnett, William A. & Choi, Ki-Hong & Sinclair, Tara M., 2003.
"The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(Supplemen), pages 1-6.
- William A. Barnett & Ke- Hong Choi & Tara M. Sinclair, 2001. "The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory," Econometrics 0111002, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Dec 2001.
- William Barnett & Ki-Hong Choi & Tara M. Sinclair, 2012. "The Differential Approach to Superlative Index Number Theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201234, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Samuelson, Paul A & Swamy, S, 1974. "Invariant Economic Index Numbers and Canonical Duality: Survey and Synthesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 566-593, September.
- Hulten, Charles R, 1973. "Divisia Index Numbers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1017-1025, November.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Sato, Kazuo, 1976. "The Ideal Log-Change Index Number," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(2), pages 223-228, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hideyuki Mizobuchi & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2020. "Quadratic-mean-of-order-r Indexes of Output, Input and Productivity," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032020, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Thomas von Brasch & Arvid Raknerud & Diana-Cristina Iancu, 2018. "Productivity growth, firm turnover and new varieties," Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) Discussion Papers ESCoE DP-2018-11, Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE).
- James J. Heckman & Apostolos Serletis, "undated". "Introduction to Internally Consistent Modeling, Aggregation, Inference, and Policy," Working Papers 2014-73, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 29 Sep 2014.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2009.
"Harmonic symmetries of imperfect competition on circular city,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 124-146, January.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lapan, Harvey E., 2006. "Harmonic Symmetries of Imperfect Competition on Circular City," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12551, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hjertstrand, Per & Swofford, James L. & Whitney, Gerald A., 2019. "Index Numbers and Revealed Preference Rankings," Working Paper Series 1308, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Thomas von Brasch & Diana-Cristina Iancu & Arvid Raknerud, 2018. "Productivity growth, firm turnover and new varieties," Discussion Papers 872, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Vartia, Yrjö O., . "Relative Changes and Index Numbers," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 4.
- Claude Hillinger, 2002. "A General Theory of Price and Quantity Aggregation and Welfare Measurement," CESifo Working Paper Series 818, CESifo.
- Marshall Reinsdorf & Jack E. Triplett, 2009. "A Review of Reviews: Ninety Years of Professional Thinking About the Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters, in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 17-83, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lipovetsky, Stan & Conklin, W. Michael, 2006. "Data aggregation and Simpson's paradox gauged by index numbers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 334-351, July.
- Georganta, Zoe, 1997. "The effect of a free market price mechanism on total factor productivity: The case of the agricultural crop industry in Greece," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 55-71, October.
- Craig, Barbara J. & Pardey, Philip G., 1990. "Multidimensional Output Indices," Staff Papers 13828, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- DECANCQ, Koen & FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2014. "Inequality, income, and well-being," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2014018, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Andreas Benedictow & Pål Boug, 2014. "Calculating the real return of the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global by alternative measures of the deflator," Discussion Papers 775, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2012.
"How To Measure Living Standards And Productivity,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(3), pages 424-456, September.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2009. "How to Measure Living Standards and Productivity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0949, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2009. "How to measure living standards and productivity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28678, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "What induced China's energy intensity to fluctuate: 1997-2006?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4640-4649, September.
- Wang, Ce & Liao, Hua & Pan, Su-Yan & Zhao, Lu-Tao & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2014.
"The fluctuations of China’s energy intensity: Biased technical change,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 407-414.
- Ce Wang & Hua Liao & Su-Yan Pan & Lu-Tao Zhao & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "The fluctuations of China's energy intensity: Biased technical change," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 56, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Binner, Jane & Elger, Thomas, 2002. "The UK Personal Sector Demand for Risky Money," Working Papers 2002:9, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Bellaïche, Joël, 2010. "On the path-dependence of economic growth," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 163-178, March.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2019. "Quality Adjustment and Hedonics: A Unified Approach," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2019-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 14 Mar 2019.
- Daniel Melser, 2019. "Valuing the quantity and quality of product variety to consumers," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 57(6), pages 2107-2128, December.
- Robert J. Hill & Alice O. Nakamura, 2010. "Improving Inflation And Related Performance Measures For Nations: An Introduction," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 1-10, June.
- Travis D. Nesmith, 2006. "Rational seasonality," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Decimavilla Herrero, Esther & San Juan, Carlos, 2000. "Diferencias de productividad en Europa. Equilibrio a corto y largo plazo," DE - Documentos de Trabajo. Economía. DE 7314, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Knopke, Philip, 1988. "Measuring Productivity Change Under Different Levels Of Assistance: The Australian Dairy Industry," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 32(2-3), pages 1-16, August.
- Ang, B.W. & Liu, F.L., 2001. "A new energy decomposition method: perfect in decomposition and consistent in aggregation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 537-548.
More about this item
KeywordsExact index numbers; superlative index number class; Divisia line integrals; aggregator function space; Galois theory.;
All these keywords.
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- D - Microeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kan:wpaper:200604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Professor Zongwu Cai). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuksus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.