Tuning an Online Shop: Consumer Reactions to E-tailers' Service Quality
This paper investigates the impact of service quality in e-tailing on site visits and consumer demand (approximated by the last-click- through concept). We use a large representative data set obtained from a price-comparison site which covers most of the national (Austrian) market on e-tailing. Customers' valuations for a broad range of 15 dif- ferent service characteristics are condensed by factor analysis. Negative binomial regressions analysis is used to measure the impact of princi- pal factors for service quality on referral requests to online shops and last-click-throughs for different product categories.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Fax: +43 732-2468-8238|
Web page: http://www.econ.jku.at/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Bauer, Hans H. & Falk, Tomas & Hammerschmidt, Maik, 2006. "eTransQual: A transaction process-based approach for capturing service quality in online shopping," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 866-875, July.
- Eric K. Clemons & Il-Horn Hann & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002. "Price Dispersion and Differentiation in Online Travel: An Empirical Investigation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(4), pages 534-549, April.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Michael D. Smith, 2000.
"Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers,"
INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 563-585, April.
- Michael Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999. "Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1022, Society for Computational Economics.
- Hauser, John R & Wernerfelt, Birger, 1990. " An Evaluation Cost Model of Consideration Sets," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 393-408, March.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Coles, Melvyn G., 1997. "Steady State Price Distributions in a Noisy Search Equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Fishman, Arthur, 1992.
"Search Technology, Staggered Price-Setting, and Price Dispersion,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 287-298, March.
- Fishman, A., 1988. "Search Technology, Staggered Price Setting And Price Dispersion," Papers 28-88, Tel Aviv.
- Carlson, John A & McAfee, R Preston, 1983. "Discrete Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 480-493, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:econwp:2009_05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.