Managing Technical Efficiency of Public and Private Hospitals in Vietnam: Do Market-Oriented Policies Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pinar Guven Uslu & Thuy Pham Linh, 2008. "Effects of Changes in Public Policy on Efficiency and Productivity of General Hospitals in Vietnam," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) 2008-30, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Eulália Dalmau-Atarrodona & Jaume Puig-Junoy, 1998. "Market Structure and Hospital Efficiency: Evaluating Potential Effects of Deregulation in a National Health Service," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 13(4), pages 447-466, August.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Samuel S. Lieberman & Adam Wagstaff, 2009. "Health Financing and Delivery in Vietnam : Looking Forward," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 2594, December.
- Chirikos, Thomas N. & Sear, Alan M., 1994. "Technical efficiency and the competitive behavior of hospitals," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 219-227, December.
- Howard Oxley, 2009. "Policies for Healthy Ageing: An Overview," OECD Health Working Papers 42, OECD Publishing.
- Chew Lian Chua & Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2011.
"Hospital Competition, Technical Efficiency and Quality,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(277), pages 252-268, June.
- C. L. Chua & Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2009. "Hospital Competition, Technical Efficiency, and Quality," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2009n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Zwanziger, Jack & Melnick, Glenn A., 1988. "The effects of hospital competition and the Medicare PPS program on hospital cost behavior in California," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 301-320, December.
- Midori Matsushima & Hiroyuki Yamada, 2013. "Public Health Insurance in Vietnam towards Universal Coverage: Identifying the challenges, issues, and problems in its design and organizational practices," OSIPP Discussion Paper 13E003, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- O'Neill, Liam & Rauner, Marion & Heidenberger, Kurt & Kraus, Markus, 2008. "A cross-national comparison and taxonomy of DEA-based hospital efficiency studies," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 158-189, September.
- Onder, O. & Cook, W. & Kristal, M., 2022. "Does quality help the financial viability of hospitals? A data envelopment analysis approach," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2000. "Partitioning input cost efficiency into its allocative and technical components: an empirical DEA application to hospitals," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 199-218, September.
- Sebastian Kohl & Jan Schoenfelder & Andreas Fügener & Jens O. Brunner, 2019. "The use of Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) in healthcare with a focus on hospitals," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 245-286, June.
- Bao Hoang Nguyen & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2021. "Aggregate efficiency of industry and its groups: the case of Queensland public hospitals," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 60(6), pages 2795-2836, June.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2007. "Determinants of Bank Efficiency in Europe. Assessing Bank Performance Across Markets," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31499.
- Maria EL KHDARI & Babacar SARR, 2018.
"Decentralization, spending efficiency and pro-poor outcomes in Morocco,"
- Maria El Khdari & Babacar Sarr, 2018. "Decentralization, spending efficiency and pro-poor outcomes in Morocco," CERDI Working papers halshs-01774949, HAL.
- Maria El Khdari & Babacar Sarr, 2018. "Decentralization, spending efficiency and pro-poor outcomes in Morocco," Working Papers halshs-01774949, HAL.
- Junlong Li & Chuangneng Cai & Feng Zhang, 2020. "Assessment of Ecological Efficiency and Environmental Sustainability of the Minjiang-Source in China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(11), pages 1-15, June.
- Yang, Guo-liang & Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Chen, Kun, 2019. "Investigating the regional sustainable performance of the Chinese real estate industry: A slack-based DEA approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 141-159.
- Santos, Joana & Simões, Pedro & Costa, Álvaro & Cunha Marques, Rui, 2010. "Efficiency of the Portuguese metros. is it different from other European metros?," MPRA Paper 34904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kristof De Witte & Rui Marques, 2010. "Designing performance incentives, an international benchmark study in the water sector," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 18(2), pages 189-220, June.
- Vittadini, Giorgio & Sturaro, Caterina & Folloni, Giuseppe, 2022. "Non-Cognitive Skills and Cognitive Skills to measure school efficiency," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 81(C).
- Eugenia Nissi & Massimiliano Giacalone & Carlo Cusatelli, 2019. "The Efficiency of the Italian Judicial System: A Two Stage Data Envelopment Analysis Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 146(1), pages 395-407, November.
- Wijesiri, Mahinda & Yaron, Jacob & Meoli, Michele, 2017. "Assessing the financial and outreach efficiency of microfinance institutions: Do age and size matter?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 63-76.
- Thanh Ngo & Kan Wai Hong Tsui, 2022. "Estimating the confidence intervals for DEA efficiency scores of Asia-Pacific airlines," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 3411-3434, September.
- Sickles, Robin C. & Song, Wonho & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2018.
"Econometric Analysis of Productivity: Theory and Implementation in R,"
18-008, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Robin C. Sickles & Wonho Song & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Econometric Analysis of Productivity: Theory and Implementation in R," CEPA Working Papers Series WP082018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Erik Biørn & Terje Hagen & Tor Iversen & Jon Magnussen, 2010. "How different are hospitals’ responses to a financial reform? The impact on efficiency of activity-based financing," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Kaffash, Sepideh & Azizi, Roza & Huang, Ying & Zhu, Joe, 2020. "A survey of data envelopment analysis applications in the insurance industry 1993–2018," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 284(3), pages 801-813.
- Kassoum Ayouba & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Stéphane Vigeant, 2017.
"The impact of single farm payments on technical inefficiency of French crop farms,"
Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Springer, vol. 98(1), pages 1-23, July.
- Ayouba, Kassoum & Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Vigeant, Stéphane, . "The impact of single farm payments on technical inefficiency of French crop farms," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 98(1/2).
- Kassoum Ayouba & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Stéphane Vigeant, 2017. "The impact of single farm payments on technicalinefficiency of French crop farms," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 98(1-2), pages 1-23.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Kassoum Ayouba & Stephane Vigeant, 2017. "The impact of single farm payments on technical inefficiency of French crop farms," Post-Print hal-01680258, HAL.
- Guilhermina Rego & Rui Nunes & José Costa, 2010. "The challenge of corporatisation: the experience of Portuguese public hospitals," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(4), pages 367-381, August.
More about this item
Keywordstechnical efficiency; ownership; competition; DEA; bootstrap method;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2018-05-07 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2018-05-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-SEA-2018-05-07 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jic:wpaper:163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/jicgvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Japan International Cooperation Agency Library (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/jicgvjp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.