Multiplant strategy under core-periphery structure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ota, Mitsuru & Fujita, Masahisa, 1993. "Communication technologies and spatial organization of multi-unit firms in metropolitan areas," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 695-729, December.
- Eric Toulemonde, 2008.
"Multinationals: Too Many or Too Few?— The Proximity–concentration Trade-off,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 203-219, April.
- TOULEMONDE, Eric, 2009. "Multinationals: Too many or too few? The proximity-concentration trade-off," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Masahisa Fujita & Jacques-François Thisse, 2006.
"Globalization And The Evolution Of The Supply Chain: Who Gains And Who Loses?,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(3), pages 811-836, August.
- FUJITA, Masahisa & THISSE, Jacques, 2003. "Globalization and the evolution of the supply chain: who gains and who loses ?," CORE Discussion Papers 2003074, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Masahisa Fujita & Jacques-François Thisse, 2006. "Globalization and the evoluton of the supply chain: WHO gains and who loses?," Post-Print halshs-00754139, HAL.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2004. "Globalization and the Evolution of the Supply Chain: who gains and who loses?," IDE Discussion Papers 5, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Masahisa Fujita & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2003. "Globalization and the Evolution of the Supply Chain: who gains and who loses?," KIER Working Papers 571, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2003. "Globalization and the Evolution of the Supply Chain: Who Gains and Who Loses?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4152, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- FUJITA, Masahisa & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2006. "Globalisation and the evolution of the supply chain: who gains and who loses?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1968, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tomiura, Eiichi, 2007.
"Foreign outsourcing, exporting, and FDI: A productivity comparison at the firm level,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 113-127, May.
- Eiichi Tomiura, 2005. "Foreign Outsourcing, Exporting, and FDI: A Productivity Comparison at the Firm Level," Discussion Paper Series 168, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya & Henderson, J. Vernon & Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2004. "Spatial distribution of economic activities in Japan and China," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 65, pages 2911-2977 Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial management; Business enterprises; Multi-plant firms; Transaction costs; New economic geography;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-05-15 (Business Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2012-05-15 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2012-05-15 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.