Ex ante bargaining and ex post enforcement in trade credit supply: theory and evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1999.
"Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1285-1320.
- McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 1998. "Inter-Firm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," CEPR Discussion Papers 2036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1998. "Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 132, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Fabbri, Daniela & Menichini, Anna Maria C., 2010.
"Trade credit, collateral liquidation, and borrowing constraints,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 413-432, June.
- Daniela Fabbri & Anna Maria Cristina Menichini, 2005. "Trade Credit, Collateral Liquidation and Borrowing Constraints," CSEF Working Papers 146, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 08 Feb 2009.
- Raymond Fisman & Mayank Raturi, 2004.
"Does Competition Encourage Credit Provision? Evidence from African Trade Credit Relationships,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 345-352, February.
- Raymond Fisman & Mayank Raturi, 2003. "Does Competition Encourage Credit Provision? Evidence from African Trade Credit Relationships," NBER Working Papers 9659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raymond Fisman & Inessa Love, 2003.
"Trade Credit, Financial Intermediary Development, and Industry Growth,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 353-374, February.
- Fisman, Raymond & Love, Inessa, 2001. "Trade credit, financial intermediary development, and industry growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2695, The World Bank.
- Raymond Fisman & Inessa Love, 2002. "Trade Credit, Financial Intermediary Development and Industry Growth," NBER Working Papers 8960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chee K. Ng & Janet Kiholm Smith & Richard L. Smith, 1999. "Evidence on the Determinants of Credit Terms Used in Interfirm Trade," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 1109-1129, June.
- Hyndman, Kyle & Serio, Giovanni, 2010.
"Competition and inter-firm credit: Theory and evidence from firm-level data in Indonesia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 88-108, September.
- Kyle Hyndman & Giovanni Serio, 2007. "Competition and Inter-Firm Credit: Theory and Evidence from Firm-level Data in Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 0702, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariko Watanabe, 2014. "An analytical framework for the vigorous entry and low price phenomenon," Chapters,in: The Disintegration of Production, chapter 1, pages 26-48 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; Corporate accounting; Industrial management; Trade credit; Enforcement power; Bargaining power; Cash constraint; Competition in product market;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- K0 - Law and Economics - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2011-03-12 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2011-03-12 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .