The Growth of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America and the Caribbean: Did They Go Too Far?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrientos, Armando & Nino-Zarazua, Miguel, 2010. "Social Assistance in Developing Countries Database Version 5.0," MPRA Paper 20001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Sergei Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2006.
"Programas de Transferência de Renda no Brasil: impactos sobre a desigualdade,"
1228, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Sergei Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Rafael G. Osório, 2006. "Programas De Transferências De Renda No Brasil: Impactos Sobre A Desigualdade," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 156, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- López Mourelo, Elva & Escudero, Verónica, 2017.
"Effectiveness of Active Labor Market Tools in Conditional Cash Transfers Programs: Evidence for Argentina,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 422-447.
- López Mourelo, Elva. & Escudero, Verónica., 2016. "Effectiveness of active labour market tools in conditional cash transfers programmes evidence for Argentina," ILO Working Papers 994905423402676, International Labour Organization.
- Alejandro Bonvecchi & José Henríquez & Julia Johannsen & Natasha Morales & Carlos Scartascini, 2015. "¿Quiénes deciden la política social? Economía política de programas sociales en América Latina," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 90183 edited by Alejandro Bonvecchi & Julia Johannsen & Carlos Scartascini, February.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:107:y:2018:i:c:p:98-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carter, Patrick, 2014. "Aid allocation rules," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 132-151.
- Guido Neidhöfer & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa, 2017. "The long(er)-term impacts of Chile Solidario on human capital and labour income," WIDER Working Paper Series 201, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Teresa Molina-Millan & Tania Barham & Karen Macours & John A. Maluccio & Marco Stampini, 2016. "Long-term Impacts of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America: Review of the Evidence," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7891, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:idb:idbbks:7065 is not listed on IDEAS
- Trivelli, C. & Clausen, J. & Vargas, S., 2017. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 9 - Social protection and inclusive rural transformation," IFAD Research Series 280047, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- repec:bla:devpol:v:36:y:2018:i:4:p:445-464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lina Salazar & Julián Aramburu & Mario González & Paul Winters, 2015. "Food Security and Productivity: Impacts of Technology Adoption in Small Subsistence Farmers in Bolivia," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 87853, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Verónica Amarante & Martín Brun, 2018.
"Cash Transfers in Latin America: Effects on Poverty and Redistribution,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2018), pages 1-31, November.
- Verónica Amarante & Martín Brun, 2016. "Cash transfers in Latin America: Effects on poverty and redistribution," WIDER Working Paper Series 136, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Republic of Congo Poverty Assessment Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 28302, The World Bank.
- Sebastian Martinez & Pablo Celhay & Cecilia Vidal & Julia Johannsen, 2017. "Paying Patients for Prenatal Care: The Effect of a Small Cash Transfer on Stillbirths and Survival," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8475, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Evridiki Tsounta & Anayochukwu Osueke, 2014. "What is Behind Latin America’s Declining Income Inequality?," IMF Working Papers 14/124, International Monetary Fund.
- LaGarda, Guillermo & Gallagher, Kevin & Linares, Jennifer, 2016. "Capital Openness and Income Inequality: A Cross-Country Study and The Role of CCT in Latin America," MPRA Paper 74181, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedro Mendes Loureiro, 2016. "Reformism, Class Conciliation And The Pink Tide: Prospects For The Working Classes Under Left-Of-Centre Governments In Latin America," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 020, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Akresh, Richard & de Walque, Damien & Kazianga, Harounan, 2013.
"Cash transfers and child schooling : evidence from a randomized evaluation of the role of conditionality,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6340, The World Bank.
- Richard Akresh & Damien de Walque & Harounan Kazianga, 2013. "Cash Transfers and Child Schooling: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation of the Role of Conditionality," Economics Working Paper Series 1301, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Teresa Molina-Millan & Tania Barham & Karen Macours & John A. Maluccio & Marco Stampini, 2016. "Long-term Impacts of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America: Review of the Evidence," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 96136, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alfredo Saad-Filho, 2015. "Social Policy for Neoliberalism: The Bolsa Família Programme in Brazil," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(6), pages 1227-1252, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSocio-Economic Database for Latin America and the Caribbean (SEDLAC); beneficiary characteristics; social assistance; leakage; coverage; Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC); Conditional Cash Transfers (CCTs);
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-12-22 (Development)
- NEP-LAM-2012-12-22 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.