The Growth of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America and the Caribbean: Did They Go Too Far?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrientos, Armando & Nino-Zarazua, Miguel, 2010. "Social Assistance in Developing Countries Database Version 5.0," MPRA Paper 20001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Sergei Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2006.
"Programas de Transferência de Renda no Brasil: impactos sobre a desigualdade,"
1228, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Sergei Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Rafael G. Osório, 2006. "Programas De Transferências De Renda No Brasil: Impactos Sobre A Desigualdade," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 156, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- López Mourelo, Elva & Escudero, Verónica, 2017.
"Effectiveness of Active Labor Market Tools in Conditional Cash Transfers Programs: Evidence for Argentina,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 422-447.
- López Mourelo, Elva. & Escudero, Verónica., 2016. "Effectiveness of active labour market tools in conditional cash transfers programmes : evidence for Argentina," ILO Working Papers 994905423402676, International Labour Organization.
- Alejandro Bonvecchi & José Henríquez & Julia Johannsen & Natasha Morales & Carlos Scartascini, 2015. "¿Quiénes deciden la política social? Economía política de programas sociales en América Latina," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 90183 edited by Alejandro Bonvecchi & Julia Johannsen & Carlos Scartascini, February.
- Carter, Patrick, 2014. "Aid allocation rules," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 132-151.
- Guido Neidhöfer & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa, 2017. "The long(er)-term impacts of Chile Solidario on human capital and labour income," WIDER Working Paper Series 201, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Teresa Molina-Millan & Tania Barham & Karen Macours & John A. Maluccio & Marco Stampini, 2016. "Long-term Impacts of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America: Review of the Evidence," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7891, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:idb:idbbks:7065 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lina Salazar & Julián Aramburu & Mario González & Paul Winters, 2015. "Food Security and Productivity: Impacts of Technology Adoption in Small Subsistence Farmers in Bolivia," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 87853, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Verónica Amarante & Martín Brun, 2016. "Cash transfers in Latin America: Effects on poverty and redistribution," WIDER Working Paper Series 136, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Republic of Congo Poverty Assessment Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 28302, The World Bank.
- Sebastian Martinez & Pablo Celhay & Cecilia Vidal & Julia Johannsen, 2017. "Paying Patients for Prenatal Care: The Effect of a Small Cash Transfer on Stillbirths and Survival," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8475, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Evridiki Tsounta & Anayochukwu Osueke, 2014. "What is Behind Latin America’s Declining Income Inequality?," IMF Working Papers 14/124, International Monetary Fund.
- LaGarda, Guillermo & Gallagher, Kevin & Linares, Jennifer, 2016. "Capital Openness and Income Inequality: A Cross-Country Study and The Role of CCT in Latin America," MPRA Paper 74181, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedro Mendes Loureiro, 2016. "Reformism, Class Conciliation And The Pink Tide: Prospects For The Working Classes Under Left-Of-Centre Governments In Latin America," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 020, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Akresh, Richard & de Walque, Damien & Kazianga, Harounan, 2013.
"Cash transfers and child schooling : evidence from a randomized evaluation of the role of conditionality,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6340, The World Bank.
- Richard Akresh & Damien de Walque & Harounan Kazianga, 2013. "Cash Transfers and Child Schooling: Evidence from a Randomized Evaluation of the Role of Conditionality," Economics Working Paper Series 1301, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Teresa Molina-Millan & Tania Barham & Karen Macours & John A. Maluccio & Marco Stampini, 2016. "Long-term Impacts of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America: Review of the Evidence," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 96136, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alfredo Saad-Filho, 2015. "Social Policy for Neoliberalism: The Bolsa Família Programme in Brazil," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(6), pages 1227-1252, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSocio-Economic Database for Latin America and the Caribbean (SEDLAC); beneficiary characteristics; social assistance; leakage; coverage; Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC); Conditional Cash Transfers (CCTs);
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-12-22 (Development)
- NEP-LAM-2012-12-22 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .