Should I Stay or Should I Go? An Investigation of Graduate Regional Mobility in the UK and its Impact upon Early Career Earnings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andries de Grip & Hans Bosma & Dick Willems & Martin van Boxtel, 2008.
"Job-worker mismatch and cognitive decline,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 237-253, April.
- Grip Andries de & Bosma Hans & Willems Dick & Boxtel Martin van, 2005. "Job-worker Mismatch and Cognitive Decline," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- de Grip, Andries & Bosma, Hans & Willems, Dick & van Boxtel, Martin, 2007. "Job-Worker Mismatch and Cognitive Decline," IZA Discussion Papers 2956, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Blackaby, D.H. & Leslie, D.G. & Murphy, P.D. & O'Leary, N.C., 2005. "Born in Britain: How are native ethnic minorities faring in the British labour market?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 370-375, September.
- Walker, Ian & Zhu, Yu, 2011.
"Differences by degree: Evidence of the net financial rates of return to undergraduate study for England and Wales,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1177-1186.
- Walker, Ian & Zhu, Yu, 2010. "Differences by Degree: Evidence of the Net Financial Rates of Return to Undergraduate Study for England and Wales," IZA Discussion Papers 5254, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yu Zhu & Ian Walker, 2011. "Differences by Degree: Evidence of the Net Financial Rates of Return to Undergraduate Study for England and Wales," Working Papers 33, AlmaLaurea Inter-University Consortium.
- Nigel C. Oâ€™Leary & Peter J. Sloane, 2005.
"The Return to a University Education in Great Britain,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 193(1), pages 75-89, July.
- Sloane, Peter J. & O'Leary, Nigel C., 2004. "The Return to a University Education in Great Britain," IZA Discussion Papers 1199, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chevalier, Arnaud, 2011. "Subject choice and earnings of UK graduates," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1187-1201.
- Nigel O'leary & Peter Sloane, 2008. "Rates of Return to Degrees across British Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 199-213.
- DaVanzo, Julie, 1983. "Repeat Migration in the United States: Who Moves Back and Who Moves On?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 552-559, November.
- John Winters, 2012.
"Differences in employment outcomes for college town stayers and leavers,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Winters, John V., 2012. "Differences in Employment Outcomes for College Town Stayers and Leavers," IZA Discussion Papers 6723, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- Denzler, Stefan & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011. "Too Far to Go? Does Distance Determine Study Choices?," IZA Discussion Papers 5712, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordslocation by residence; academic institution and employment; graduates; earnings;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2014-07-28 (Education)
- NEP-EUR-2014-07-28 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2014-07-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2014-07-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp8325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.